findutils - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on findutils - Ubuntu ; Hallo NG! Ubuntu 7.10 Installed 'findutils' via Ubuntus update service successfully. But now: Where is it? I cant find it anywhere. It is not listed under applications. From terminal: findutils: command not found Helge -- http://www.mydarc.de/dj1wm...

  1. findutils

    Hallo NG!
    Ubuntu 7.10

    Installed 'findutils' via Ubuntus update service successfully.
    But now: Where is it? I cant find it anywhere. It is not listed under
    applications.
    From terminal: findutils: command not found

    Helge
    --
    http://www.mydarc.de/dj1wm

  2. Re: findutils

    Helge Haensel wrote:
    > Hallo NG!
    > Ubuntu 7.10
    >
    > Installed 'findutils' via Ubuntus update service successfully.
    > But now: Where is it? I cant find it anywhere. It is not listed under
    > applications.
    > From terminal: findutils: command not found

    "findutils" is a package which contains, amongst others, "find" and
    "locate".
    You can find out what's inside a package by typing "dpkg -L ",
    e.g. "dpkg -L findutils".

    Note that "locate" requires a database which is built by "updatedb".

    --
    Mails please to josef dot moellers
    and I'm on gmx dot de.

  3. Re: findutils

    Helge Haensel wrote:
    > Hallo NG!
    > Ubuntu 7.10
    >
    > Installed 'findutils' via Ubuntus update service successfully.
    > But now: Where is it? I cant find it anywhere. It is not listed under
    > applications.
    > From terminal: findutils: command not found
    >
    > Helge

    Try 'find' or 'locate' from command line...

    --
    Best regards Jacob Tranholm
    Karl R. Popper: Observation statements and statements of experimental

  4. Re: findutils

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:44:11 +0100, Helge Haensel
    wrote:

    > Hallo NG!
    > Ubuntu 7.10
    >
    > Installed 'findutils' via Ubuntus update service successfully.
    > But now: Where is it? I cant find it anywhere. It is not listed under
    > applications.
    > From terminal: findutils: command not found
    >
    > Helge

    Thanks, got it.