USB Printing ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on USB Printing ? - Ubuntu ; dennis@home wrote: > > > "Z.K." wrote in message > news:9A3uj.6652$kz3.4405@trndny03... >> NoStop wrote: >>> Z.K. wrote: >>> >>>> jebblue wrote: >>>>> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 05:13:13 +0000, Z.K. wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> I was wondering if someone could tell ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: USB Printing ?

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Z.K." wrote in message
    >> NoStop wrote:

    >>> Do the front ones work with other usb devices? It's very easy to get the
    >>> plugs wrong from the front usb ports when sticking them on the mobo.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers.
    >>>

    >> Yes, they are correct. I put this system together myself and besides
    >> the front ones work fine with say a USB Flash drive or any other type
    >> of USB device. I thought I had it working, but then after rebooting
    >> it would no longer recognize my USB printer. Thanks anyway though.
    >>

    > Check your MB specs to see if the front ones use a different controller.
    > If they do it indicates a driver problem rather than a problem with the
    > printing system.
    > My MB uses different controllers for the front and rear connectors (4
    > built into the chipset and 6 on an additional controller IIRC).
    > HTH.

    My motherboard manual does not really say one way or the other. I am
    assuming they all use the same controller, but I could be wrong.

    Z.K.

  2. Re: USB Printing ?

    Z.K. wrote:

    > NoStop wrote:
    >
    >> Z.K. wrote:

    >>> Just as a test a thought I would try a suggestion on another USB port.
    >>> I was using my front USB ports and I had tried both of them with no
    >>> luck. So, I thought what the heck, I will try one of the rear USB
    >>> ports. To my surprise, it worked and has detected the printer. Why
    >>> would the front USB ports not work and the back ones would. I would
    >>> think the hardware would be the same. This is just weird though I am
    >>> glad it is working.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks everyone for all the help though and if anyone has any idea why
    >>> my only my back USB ports that are built into the motherboard work and
    >>> my others don't, I would like to know.
    >>>
    >>> Z.K.

    >> Do the front ones work with other usb devices? It's very easy to get the
    >> plugs wrong from the front usb ports when sticking them on the mobo.
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > Yes, they are correct. I put this system together myself and besides
    > the front ones work fine with say a USB Flash drive or any other type of
    > USB device. I thought I had it working, but then after rebooting it
    > would no longer recognize my USB printer. Thanks anyway though.
    >
    > Z.K.

    "nostop", that cross-dressing lying linux loser said that linux never
    had any problems with USB's...LOL!
    Of course we all know he is such a fukkin liar!
    Frank

  3. Re: USB Printing ?

    In alt.os.linux.ubuntu, Z.K. had the audacity to say that:

    > dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >> "Z.K." wrote in message

    >>> Yes, they are correct. I put this system together myself and besides
    >>> the front ones work fine with say a USB Flash drive or any other type
    >>> of USB device. I thought I had it working, but then after rebooting
    >>> it would no longer recognize my USB printer. Thanks anyway though.
    >>>

    >> Check your MB specs to see if the front ones use a different controller.
    >> If they do it indicates a driver problem rather than a problem with the
    >> printing system.
    >> My MB uses different controllers for the front and rear connectors (4
    >> built into the chipset and 6 on an additional controller IIRC).
    >> HTH.

    > My motherboard manual does not really say one way or the other. I am
    > assuming they all use the same controller, but I could be wrong.
    >
    > Z.K.

    This is not the first time I have heard of this happening. Apparantly many
    enclosures wire the front usb ports in parallel with the rear ports, which
    are plugged directly into the motherboard. So the front ports could
    experience a drop in voltage, current or both if something is taking power
    through the rear ports. This is especially true with inexpensive PSU's.

    *R* *H*
    --
    AWAKE! FEAR! FIRE! FOES! AWAKE!
    FEAR! FIRE! FOES!