Unable to make mouse cursor larger - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Unable to make mouse cursor larger - Ubuntu ; I have Ubuntu 7.10 installed on a Sony Laptop. I need a larger mouse pointer for these older eyes. I have added Xcursor and installed several cursor themes. Xcursor shows up in System Preferences as "Cursor Selection". When adding cursor ...

  1. Unable to make mouse cursor larger

    I have Ubuntu 7.10 installed on a Sony Laptop. I need a larger mouse
    pointer for these older eyes. I have added Xcursor and installed several
    cursor themes. Xcursor shows up in System Preferences as "Cursor
    Selection". When adding cursor theme packages the new cursors selections
    show up ok. It gives me the option to select the pointer I want, an
    option to "Go to a Theme", "Install a theme", and change the size of the
    cursor. These last 3 items don't work. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Unable to make mouse cursor larger

    On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:42:14 +0000, Al Wilkins wrote:

    > I have Ubuntu 7.10 installed on a Sony Laptop. I need a larger mouse
    > pointer for these older eyes. I have added Xcursor and installed
    > several cursor themes. Xcursor shows up in System Preferences as
    > "Cursor Selection". When adding cursor theme packages the new cursors
    > selections show up ok. It gives me the option to select the pointer I
    > want, an option to "Go to a Theme", "Install a theme", and change the
    > size of the cursor. These last 3 items don't work. Any ideas?

    i am having the same problem and I have been looking for an answer to
    this post also. I know one of the cursor themes has a pixle setting to it
    but when you change it nothing happens...

    I am

    Klutzier than most

  3. Re: Unable to make mouse cursor larger

    Here's an idea...

    Install the "sugar" interface designed for XO machines, as described at this link Sugar on Ubuntu Linux - OLPC. After installing, you'll have a new mouse pointer "OLPC". It's large and quite well-designed - I use it myself...

+ Reply to Thread