gDesklets? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on gDesklets? - Ubuntu ; Anybody know how to get these to work under 64bit Gutsy? Installed both packages from the repo, but the gui just hangs. Running from cli it times out after trying to connect to the daemon. All works as expected under ...

  1. gDesklets?

    Anybody know how to get these to work under 64bit Gutsy?
    Installed both packages from the repo, but the gui just hangs. Running
    from cli it times out after trying to connect to the daemon.
    All works as expected under 32bit Gutsy.

    Cheers, Ian

  2. Re: gDesklets?

    Ian Pawson writes:

    > Anybody know how to get these to work under 64bit Gutsy?
    > Installed both packages from the repo, but the gui just hangs. Running
    > from cli it times out after trying to connect to the daemon.
    > All works as expected under 32bit Gutsy.
    >
    > Cheers, Ian

    I had the same before finally moving back to 32 bit.

    There is a solution though:

  3. Re: gDesklets?

    Hadron wrote:
    > Ian Pawson writes:
    >
    >> Anybody know how to get these to work under 64bit Gutsy?
    >> Installed both packages from the repo, but the gui just hangs. Running
    >> from cli it times out after trying to connect to the daemon.
    >> All works as expected under 32bit Gutsy.
    >>
    >> Cheers, Ian

    > I had the same before finally moving back to 32 bit.
    >
    > There is a solution though:

    Many thanks for the pointer

+ Reply to Thread