Links Don't Link - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Links Don't Link - Ubuntu ; Greetings to the Group. I'm running Kubuntu 7.10 and suddenly the hyperlinks in messages in T'bird don't work. Actually, they don't do anything. When clicked on, they change color, the URL shows up in the bar below the message pane, ...

  1. Links Don't Link

    Greetings to the Group.

    I'm running Kubuntu 7.10 and suddenly the hyperlinks in messages in
    T'bird don't work. Actually, they don't do anything. When clicked on,
    they change color, the URL shows up in the bar below the message pane,
    and.....that's it. I haven't upgraded anything, all is as installed
    originally. Since I'm a noob (newborn pink noob), I have no idea what
    to do or try.

    Also, and possibly related, the Help window won't open. The menu works,
    but clicking on 'T'bird Help' gives no joy.

    Please help me.

    TIA.

    Frank

  2. Re: Links Don't Link

    Frank Smith wrote:
    > Greetings to the Group.
    >
    > I'm running Kubuntu 7.10 and suddenly the hyperlinks in messages in
    > T'bird don't work. Actually, they don't do anything. When clicked on,
    > they change color, the URL shows up in the bar below the message pane,
    > and.....that's it. I haven't upgraded anything, all is as installed
    > originally. Since I'm a noob (newborn pink noob), I have no idea what
    > to do or try.
    >
    > Also, and possibly related, the Help window won't open. The menu works,
    > but clicking on 'T'bird Help' gives no joy.
    >
    > Please help me.
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Frank
    > ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News
    > Provider ----
    > http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to
    > 100,000+ newsgroups

    Since TB has been "upgraded" to 1.5.0.14pre it does not on xubuntu
    dapper (6 lts) either.
    workaround: right click, copy -> FF + t, + v
    For "compensation" the cut + paste action does work on FF 1.5.0.13pre ...
    ;-)

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Loads inexpensive, nice usable xoftware ... (^-^)

  3. Re: Links Don't Link

    xubunt6 wrote:
    > Frank Smith wrote:
    >> Greetings to the Group.
    >>
    >> I'm running Kubuntu 7.10 and suddenly the hyperlinks in messages in
    >> T'bird don't work. Actually, they don't do anything. When clicked on,
    >> they change color, the URL shows up in the bar below the message pane,
    >> and.....that's it. I haven't upgraded anything, all is as installed
    >> originally. Since I'm a noob (newborn pink noob), I have no idea what
    >> to do or try.
    >>
    >> Also, and possibly related, the Help window won't open. The menu
    >> works, but clicking on 'T'bird Help' gives no joy.
    >>
    >> Please help me.
    >>
    >> TIA.
    >>
    >> Frank
    >> ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News
    >> Provider ----
    >> http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to
    >> 100,000+ newsgroups

    > Since TB has been "upgraded" to 1.5.0.14pre it does not on xubuntu
    > dapper (6 lts) either.
    > workaround: right click, copy -> FF + t, + v
    > For "compensation" the cut + paste action does work on FF 1.5.0.13pre ...
    > ;-)

    Thank you so much. Works just like downtown.

    Frank