Knode error - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Knode error - Ubuntu ; I get the following error messages when I activate Knode from the terminal. X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156 Major opcode: 145 Minor opcode: 3 Resource id: 0x0 Failed to open device X Error: BadDevice, invalid or ...

  1. Knode error

    I get the following error messages when I activate Knode from the terminal.

    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    Major opcode: 145
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    Major opcode: 145
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    kbuildsycoca running...
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    Major opcode: 145
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    Major opcode: 145
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.

    But it runs just fine. I have created an icon in the top menu bar from which
    I now activate it. I see no error messages and all works just fine.

    What's this all about anyway?

    Al

  2. Re: Knode error

    On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:05:58 +0000, Al wrote:

    > I get the following error messages when I activate Knode from the terminal.
    >
    > X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    > Major opcode: 145
    > Minor opcode: 3
    > Resource id: 0x0
    > Failed to open device
    > X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    > Major opcode: 145
    > Minor opcode: 3
    > Resource id: 0x0
    > Failed to open device
    > kbuildsycoca running...
    > X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    > Major opcode: 145
    > Minor opcode: 3
    > Resource id: 0x0
    > Failed to open device
    > X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    > Major opcode: 145
    > Minor opcode: 3
    > Resource id: 0x0
    > Failed to open device
    > kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    > kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    > kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    > kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    > kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    > kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    > kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    >
    > But it runs just fine. I have created an icon in the top menu bar from which
    > I now activate it. I see no error messages and all works just fine.
    >
    > What's this all about anyway?
    >
    > Al

    Happen when i try to run it from a term also.

  3. Re: Knode error

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:05:58 +0000, Al wrote:
    >
    >> I get the following error messages when I activate Knode from the
    >> terminal.
    >>
    >> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    >> Major opcode: 145
    >> Minor opcode: 3
    >> Resource id: 0x0
    >> Failed to open device
    >> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    >> Major opcode: 145
    >> Minor opcode: 3
    >> Resource id: 0x0
    >> Failed to open device
    >> kbuildsycoca running...
    >> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    >> Major opcode: 145
    >> Minor opcode: 3
    >> Resource id: 0x0
    >> Failed to open device
    >> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 156
    >> Major opcode: 145
    >> Minor opcode: 3
    >> Resource id: 0x0
    >> Failed to open device
    >> kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated
    >> action. kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to
    >> deprecated action. kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call
    >> to deprecated action. kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel():
    >> call to deprecated action. kdecore (KAction): WARNING:
    >> KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action. kdecore (KAction):
    >> WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action. kdecore
    >> (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
    >>
    >> But it runs just fine. I have created an icon in the top menu bar from
    >> which I now activate it. I see no error messages and all works just fine.
    >>
    >> What's this all about anyway?
    >>
    >> Al

    > Happen when i try to run it from a term also.

    I can't speak for the warnings from kdecore, but the BadDevice errors are
    because your xorg.conf contains references (put in there by default in all
    GUI Ubuntu installs) to Wacom tablets. You can comment out all references
    to these devices in xorg.conf to get rid of these errors. You'll need to do
    this with each section in xorg.conf for those input devices. Also at the
    end of the xorg.conf file you'll see references
    to "stylus", "cursor", "eraser" .. comment out or remove those lines as
    well.

    Cheers.

    --
    A US president declared war on poverty. Poverty won.
    Another US president declared a war on drugs. Drugs won.

+ Reply to Thread