DVD application - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on DVD application - Ubuntu ; Hi, Does anyone know of a Linux program that will create DVD's from a bunch of Jpeg (JPG) pictures. I used to use a Windows Application to do just that but can't find a Application under Linux that does that. ...

  1. DVD application

    Hi,

    Does anyone know of a Linux program that will create DVD's from a bunch
    of Jpeg (JPG) pictures. I used to use a Windows Application to do just
    that but can't find a Application under Linux that does that.

    Michael

  2. Re: DVD application

    On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:58:57 +0000, Michael C. Vergallen wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a Linux program that will create DVD's from a bunch
    > of Jpeg (JPG) pictures. I used to use a Windows Application to do just
    > that but can't find a Application under Linux that does that.
    >
    > Michael

    dvdslideshow is what i use. makes a nice slideshow with menus and
    transitions. i think there may be a gui avail for it somewhere, but i
    always run it from the commandline so im not entirely sure about that
    part.

    --
    Chris

  3. Re: DVD application

    Michael C. Vergallen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a Linux program that will create DVD's from a bunch
    > of Jpeg (JPG) pictures. I used to use a Windows Application to do just
    > that but can't find a Application under Linux that does that.
    >
    > Michael

    This was a few months ago. I think the program was called kmediacreator
    (part of the KDE packages). If that's not the name then it is something
    similar. I used it to create a slideshow DVD. Essentially the program is
    a front end to other programs. I think there are other programs out
    there. Some will take the JPEGs and put them together into an MPEG and
    burn the MPEG as a video DVD. There are differences between the two
    types of DVD so it's a good thing to choose what you want before you start.

    Later
    Mike

  4. Re: DVD application

    On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 17:15:29 +0000, The Wizard of Oz wrote:

    > This was a few months ago. I think the program was called

    kmediacreator
    > (part of the KDE packages). If that's not the name then it is something
    > similar. I used it to create a slideshow DVD. Essentially the program is
    > a front end to other programs. I think there are other programs out
    > there. Some will take the JPEGs and put them together into an MPEG and
    > burn the MPEG as a video DVD. There are differences between the two
    > types of DVD so it's a good thing to choose what you want before you
    > start.

    Couldn't find it but I ended up finding a similar package called
    QDVDAuthor & I'm going to test it now to see what's what... Hope this
    works... The problem with my searches where I tried to find a JPG to DVD
    conversion tool and I should have searched for DVD authoring tools
    instead.
    Anyway thanks,

    Michael

  5. Re: DVD application

    Michael C. Vergallen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a Linux program that will create DVD's from a bunch
    > of Jpeg (JPG) pictures. I used to use a Windows Application to do just
    > that but can't find a Application under Linux that does that.
    >
    > Michael

    kmediafactory

  6. Re: DVD application

    Michael C. Vergallen wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a Linux program that will create DVD's from a bunch
    > of Jpeg (JPG) pictures. I used to use a Windows Application to do just
    > that but can't find a Application under Linux that does that.
    >
    > Michael

    I always use Digikam. It creates an mpeg which you can burn to a dvd with
    another app.

    Good luck,
    Marc

+ Reply to Thread