Scribus - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Scribus - Ubuntu ; Hallo NG! Ubuntu 7.10, ATI Radeon 9600 250 MB, 1 GB Ram Installed scribus from the repositories. It gives me 2 starters under apps/graphics which differ in properties in "scribus %f" and "scribus-ng %f". The scribus helpfile gives no answer. ...

  1. Scribus

    Hallo NG!
    Ubuntu 7.10, ATI Radeon 9600 250 MB, 1 GB Ram

    Installed scribus from the repositories. It gives me 2 starters under
    apps/graphics which differ in properties in "scribus %f" and
    "scribus-ng %f". The scribus helpfile gives no answer. It tells only that
    both
    can be installed in parallel.
    What is the difference?
    Thanks!

    Vy 73! Helge
    --
    http://www.mydarc.de/dj1wm

  2. pdf editor and Gnome

    Pdfeditor does not work unfortunately in Gnome environment...
    Is from this direction somebody else experience?

    thx
    warp

  3. Re: Scribus

    On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:56:08 +0100, Christoph Egger
    wrote:

    > Helge Haensel wrote:
    >> Hallo NG!
    >> Ubuntu 7.10, ATI Radeon 9600 250 MB, 1 GB Ram
    >>
    >> Installed scribus from the repositories. It gives me 2 starters under
    >> apps/graphics which differ in properties in "scribus %f" and
    >> "scribus-ng %f". The scribus helpfile gives no answer. It tells only
    >> that both
    >> can be installed in parallel.
    >> What is the difference?
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Vy 73! Helge
    >> --http://www.mydarc.de/dj1wm

    > Hi
    >
    > IMO is scribus-ng the development branch of scribus, a bit more up do
    > date and a bit less stable
    >
    > Christoph

    Thanks, in the meantime i found that one is v1.3.3.9 and "-ng" is v1.3.4
    Helge

  4. Re: Scribus

    Helge Haensel wrote:
    > Hallo NG!
    > Ubuntu 7.10, ATI Radeon 9600 250 MB, 1 GB Ram
    >
    > Installed scribus from the repositories. It gives me 2 starters under
    > apps/graphics which differ in properties in "scribus %f" and
    > "scribus-ng %f". The scribus helpfile gives no answer. It tells only
    > that both
    > can be installed in parallel.
    > What is the difference?
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Vy 73! Helge
    > --http://www.mydarc.de/dj1wm

    Hi

    IMO is scribus-ng the development branch of scribus, a bit more up do
    date and a bit less stable

    Christoph

  5. Re: pdf editor and Gnome

    csola wrote:

    > Pdfeditor does not work unfortunately in Gnome environment...
    > Is from this direction somebody else experience?
    >
    > thx
    > warp

    Works here (on Edgy). Did you see this link I put on here in another thread?

    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PDFedit

    Cheers.

    --
    A US president declared war on poverty. Poverty won.
    Another US president declared a war on drugs. Drugs won.

  6. Re: pdf editor and Gnome

    NoStop írta:
    > csola wrote:
    >
    >> Pdfeditor does not work unfortunately in Gnome environment...
    >> Is from this direction somebody else experience?
    >>
    >> thx
    >> warp

    > Works here (on Edgy). Did you see this link I put on here in another thread?
    >
    > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PDFedit

    I installed it from Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 container, I sent it then from
    the terminal. Sent a message about this:
    xxxx@xxxx-desktop:~$ pdfedit
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 158
    Major opcode: 146
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device

    What is this?
    GUI: nothing works in the program, lifeless the buttons :-(

    warp

  7. Re: pdf editor and Gnome

    csola wrote:
    > Pdfeditor does not work unfortunately in Gnome environment...
    > Is from this direction somebody else experience?
    >
    > thx
    > warp

    3rd attempt (on 2 threads) abiword can edit .pdf files ...
    Works fine here ...

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Loads inexpensive, nice usable xoftware ... (^-^)

  8. Re: Scribus

    Helge Haensel wrote:

    > Installed scribus from the repositories.

    This isn't an answer to your question, just something about scribus.

    There is a ubuntu magazine which is issued monthly as a .pdf called Full
    Circle. There have been 7 consecutive tutorials on the basics of
    scribus in it so far and it appears that the process will just keep on
    advancing. http://fullcirclemagazine.org/downloads/ Download different
    issues of the magazine here.

    --
    Mike Easter