Are the iso's updated regularly? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Are the iso's updated regularly? - Ubuntu ; I downloaded Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 on the day of its release and installed it. Since that debut, the Update Manager in my computer has brought in 90 updates. If I were to download another iso of Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon ...

  1. Are the iso's updated regularly?

    I downloaded Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 on the day of its release and
    installed it. Since that debut, the Update Manager in my computer has
    brought in 90 updates.

    If I were to download another iso of Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 today,
    would that iso have these 90 updates already in it?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Are the iso's updated regularly?

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 06:41:42 -0700, Phil Buchman wrote:
    > I downloaded Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 on the day of its release and
    > installed it. Since that debut, the Update Manager in my computer has
    > brought in 90 updates.
    >
    > If I were to download another iso of Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 today,
    > would that iso have these 90 updates already in it?

    Check the date of the iso.
    http://ubuntu.media.mit.edu/ubuntu-releases/gutsy/

  3. Re: Are the iso's updated regularly?

    > Check the date of the iso.
    > http://ubuntu.media.mit.edu/ubuntu-releases/gutsy/

    Hi Bit Twister,

    HA!

    (Egg dripping off of my face...) You're right, I should've thought to
    do that. My bad.

  4. Re: Are the iso's updated regularly?

    Phil Buchman Ýrta:
    > I downloaded Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 on the day of its release and
    > installed it. Since that debut, the Update Manager in my computer has
    > brought in 90 updates.
    >
    > If I were to download another iso of Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 today,
    > would that iso have these 90 updates already in it?

    http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net :-)

    warp

  5. Re: Are the iso's updated regularly?

    > http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net :-)
    >
    > warp

    csola,

    That is VERY helpful! Thank you very much for the tip, I appreciate it
    ALOT! This is a real asset!

  6. Re: Are the iso's updated regularly?

    Phil Buchman wrote:
    >> http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net :-)
    >>
    >> warp

    > csola,
    >
    > That is VERY helpful! Thank you very much for the tip, I appreciate it
    > ALOT! This is a real asset!

    Seconded, I can see this coming in /very/ handy!

    --
    [ste]

  7. Re: Are the iso's updated regularly?

    [ste parker] wrote:
    > Phil Buchman wrote:
    >>> http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net :-)
    >>>
    >>> warp

    >> csola,
    >>
    >> That is VERY helpful! Thank you very much for the tip, I appreciate it
    >> ALOT! This is a real asset!
    >>

    > Seconded, I can see this coming in /very/ handy!

    Note - it is in the fiesty repositories

  8. Re: Are the iso's updated regularly?

    Phil Buchman ├*rta:
    >> http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net :-)
    >>
    >> warp

    > csola,
    >
    > That is VERY helpful! Thank you very much for the tip, I appreciate it
    > ALOT! This is a real asset!

    Thx... :-)

    csola

  9. Re: Are the iso's updated regularly?

    On 2007-11-28, ac <"aec$news"@candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
    > [ste parker] wrote:

    >>> csola,
    >>>
    >>> That is VERY helpful! Thank you very much for the tip, I appreciate it
    >>> ALOT! This is a real asset!
    >>>

    >> Seconded, I can see this coming in /very/ handy!
    >>

    > Note - it is in the fiesty repositories

    It wants to pull 45MB of gnome apps in with it when installed on my kubuntu
    system.

    I know this is harmless but it does waste a lot of space having kdesu and gksu,
    adept and synaptic, adept_notifier and update-notifier...

    $ sudo apt-get install aptoncd
    docbook-xml gksu gnome-icon-theme libgksu2-0 libgtop2-7 libgtop2-common
    liblaunchpad-integration0 librsvg2-common libscrollkeeper0 libvte-common
    libvte9 python-gconf python-glade2 python-gnome2 python-gnomecanvas
    python-pyorbit scrollkeeper sgml-data synaptic
    Suggested packages:
    update-notifier docbook docbook-doc docbook-dsssl docbook-xsl
    python-gconf-dbg python-glade2-dbg python-gnomecanvas-dbg python-pyorbit-dbg
    perlsgml doc-html-w3 opensp libxml2-utils dwww
    Recommended packages:
    yelp deborphan libgnome2-perl
    The following NEW packages will be installed
    aptoncd docbook-xml gksu gnome-icon-theme libgksu2-0 libgtop2-7
    libgtop2-common liblaunchpad-integration0 librsvg2-common libscrollkeeper0
    libvte-common libvte9 python-gconf python-glade2 python-gnome2
    python-gnomecanvas python-pyorbit scrollkeeper sgml-data synaptic
    0 upgraded, 20 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.
    Need to get 6953kB/7698kB of archives.
    After unpacking 45.7MB of additional disk space will be used.

    --
    -Toby

  10. Re: Are the iso's updated regularly?

    Toby Newman wrote:
    > On 2007-11-28, ac <"aec$news"@candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
    >> [ste parker] wrote:

    >>> Seconded, I can see this coming in /very/ handy!
    >>>

    >> Note - it is in the fiesty repositories

    > It wants to pull 45MB of gnome apps in with it when installed on my kubuntu
    > system.
    >
    > I know this is harmless but it does waste a lot of space having kdesu and gksu,
    > adept and synaptic, adept_notifier and update-notifier...

    I seems we have a different definition of *a lot* of waste
    When you still run your system on a 1000 MB HD this 45 MB might be a
    significant chunk of disk space but considering a typical install alone
    will be somewhere between 4 and 8 GB it's absolutely nothing.

    > $ sudo apt-get install aptoncd
    > docbook-xml gksu gnome-icon-theme libgksu2-0 libgtop2-7 libgtop2-common
    > liblaunchpad-integration0 librsvg2-common libscrollkeeper0 libvte-common
    > libvte9 python-gconf python-glade2 python-gnome2 python-gnomecanvas
    > python-pyorbit scrollkeeper sgml-data synaptic
    > Suggested packages:
    > update-notifier docbook docbook-doc docbook-dsssl docbook-xsl
    > python-gconf-dbg python-glade2-dbg python-gnomecanvas-dbg python-pyorbit-dbg
    > perlsgml doc-html-w3 opensp libxml2-utils dwww
    > Recommended packages:
    > yelp deborphan libgnome2-perl
    > The following NEW packages will be installed
    > aptoncd docbook-xml gksu gnome-icon-theme libgksu2-0 libgtop2-7
    > libgtop2-common liblaunchpad-integration0 librsvg2-common libscrollkeeper0
    > libvte-common libvte9 python-gconf python-glade2 python-gnome2
    > python-gnomecanvas python-pyorbit scrollkeeper sgml-data synaptic
    > 0 upgraded, 20 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.
    > Need to get 6953kB/7698kB of archives.
    > After unpacking 45.7MB of additional disk space will be used.

+ Reply to Thread