Ubuntu 7.10 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubuntu 7.10 - Ubuntu ; On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:53:52 +0000, Heath wrote: > Hmm, name calling, and I'm the "ignorant little prick" huh. I was just being > sarcastic, unlike you who are being "ignorant" > Guess sarcasim doesn't go over well in ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37

  1. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:53:52 +0000, Heath wrote:

    > Hmm, name calling, and I'm the "ignorant little prick" huh. I was just being
    > sarcastic, unlike you who are being "ignorant"
    > Guess sarcasim doesn't go over well in here.

    Sarcasm goes over fine. Stupidity is harder to deal with.

    Bugger off and leave, you little win-droid idiot.

  2. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    Again, another person that just doesn't get it, never will.
    IT WAS SARCASM, maybe I should have put that in my response within brackets
    maybe.
    Seems alot don't have the IQ to figure it out.

    "Dan C" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.11.28.00.58.00.214909@moria.lan...
    > On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:53:52 +0000, Heath wrote:
    >
    >> Hmm, name calling, and I'm the "ignorant little prick" huh. I was just
    >> being
    >> sarcastic, unlike you who are being "ignorant"
    >> Guess sarcasim doesn't go over well in here.

    > Sarcasm goes over fine. Stupidity is harder to deal with.
    >
    > Bugger off and leave, you little win-droid idiot.
    >

    > --
    > "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

  3. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    "Alias" wrote in message news:fihlfo$c3g$2@aioe.org...
    > NoStop wrote:
    >> Heath wrote:
    >>
    >>> I recently ordered Ubuntu 7.10 on cd. Can I try it out before I install
    >>> it
    >>> completely onto my computer? Like that live cd they have to download.
    >>> Can I just try it out from the 7.10 cd?
    >>> Thanks.
    >>> Heath

    >> Yes, if it's the livecd version that you have. Since I don't know what
    >> you've been sent, can't say for sure. But you can always place the cd in
    >> your DVD/CDROM drive, set your bios to boot first from that device and
    >> see
    >> what happens. If it is trying to install right off the bat, just turn off
    >> the computer. :-) If it takes you to a Ubuntu desktop, then it's a livecd
    >> and you can run it all you like to check it out without worrying about it
    >> installing on your computer unless you choose to do so.
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > I ordered two CDs and they're live CDs.
    >
    > Alias

    You mean you ordered two pizzas...the CD's came as toppings.

    Ubuntu...the OS that's worth less than a pizza !!

  4. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:53:52 +0000, Heath wrote:
    >
    >> Hmm, name calling, and I'm the "ignorant little prick" huh. I was just
    >> being sarcastic, unlike you who are being "ignorant"
    >> Guess sarcasim doesn't go over well in here.

    > Sarcasm goes over fine.

    Also: puns, pathos, bathos, litotes, hyperbole and irony.

    --
    Steveski

  5. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:14:48 GMT
    "Heath" wrote:

    > Seems alot don't have the IQ to figure it out.

    sic

  6. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:14:48 +0000, Heath wrote:

    >> Sarcasm goes over fine. Stupidity is harder to deal with.
    >> Bugger off and leave, you little win-droid idiot.

    > Again, another person that just doesn't get it, never will.
    > IT WAS SARCASM, maybe I should have put that in my response within brackets
    > maybe. Seems alot don't have the IQ to figure it out.

    A top-posting moron, using Outhouse Excuse, in a Linux newsgroup.

    Thanks for proving my point, Win-droid. Run along and update your viruses.

  7. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    Win Droid?. Are you that much of a ****in GEEK, you need to puff up your
    pencil protecting chest and call others names?. Well that's fine, I will do
    the same. Seems your level of education is that of a brick.
    Ya, I'll go update my viruses, while you stay in your moms basement
    pouinding out code for your lame assed excuse for an OS, called Ubuntu. Yes
    I wanted the OS, to try it, but if it makes you as stupid as you are, then
    no thanks. I'll leave it to you, geek, to have fun with it.
    Don't bother responding, I'm gonna just ignore your geeky little ass.

    "Dan C" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.11.28.04.09.39.360169@moria.lan...
    > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:14:48 +0000, Heath wrote:
    >
    >>> Sarcasm goes over fine. Stupidity is harder to deal with.
    >>> Bugger off and leave, you little win-droid idiot.

    >> Again, another person that just doesn't get it, never will.
    >> IT WAS SARCASM, maybe I should have put that in my response within
    >> brackets
    >> maybe. Seems alot don't have the IQ to figure it out.

    > A top-posting moron, using Outhouse Excuse, in a Linux newsgroup.
    >
    > Thanks for proving my point, Win-droid. Run along and update your
    > viruses.
    >

    > --
    > "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

  8. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    Heath wrote:

    > Win Droid?. Are you that much of a ****in GEEK, you need to puff up your
    > pencil protecting chest and call others names?.

    That's just Dan C. He has no tolerance for Windows using, arrogant fools.

    > Well that's fine, I will do the same. Seems your level of education is
    > that of a brick.

    No. Even Dan C's smarter than that.

    > Ya, I'll go update my viruses, while you stay in your moms basement
    > pouinding out code for your lame assed excuse for an OS, called Ubuntu.

    *Bzzt!* Wrong. It's quite funny to have Ubuntu running next to a Windows
    Vista machine. Vista simply can't keep up with Ubuntu. It doesn't look as
    good, can't do 3D, crawls along at one tenth of the speed...

    > Yes I wanted the OS, to try it, but if it makes you as stupid as you are,
    > then no thanks. I'll leave it to you, geek, to have fun with it.

    You're missing out if you stay with Windows.

    C.

    --
    Windows- a poor proprietary client for a Unix world.

  9. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    forty-nine wrote:
    > "Alias" wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> I ordered two CDs and they're live CDs.

    > You mean you ordered two pizzas...the CD's came as toppings.
    >
    > Ubuntu...the OS that's worth less than a pizza !!

    PLONK

    Try the download section.

  10. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:53:52 +0000, Heath wrote:

    > Hmm, name calling, and I'm the "ignorant little prick" huh. I was just
    > being sarcastic, unlike you who are being "ignorant" Guess sarcasim
    > doesn't go over well in here.

    No, I simply understand that it's rude to come as a newcomer into a
    newsgroup or forum and make statements such as yours. If you're going to
    make a rude and inconsiderate statement, do expect equal replies.

    You need to remember one thing, nobody here is paid to help anyone.
    Nobody here is required to help you or answer your questions. Receiving
    help here is a privilege, not a right. This goes for any other newsgroup
    or forum too by the way.

    So, if you go around leaving piles of steaming dog**** on people's front
    doors, expect to get it thrown back into your face. Simple as that.

    I hope you understand that because if you don't, you're not going to have
    a lot of luck with any kind of public help and support.

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  11. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    "Dan C" wrote in message
    > --
    > "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

    No, methinks it means "****."

  12. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    > *Bzzt!* Wrong. It's quite funny to have Ubuntu running next to a Windows
    > Vista machine. Vista simply can't keep up with Ubuntu. It doesn't look
    > as
    > good, can't do 3D, crawls along at one tenth of the speed...

    ROFLMAO

    Bull****

  13. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    Heath wrote:

    > Guess sarcasim doesn't go over well in here.

    Misspellings don't, either. :-P

  14. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:50:57 -0500
    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Heath wrote:
    >
    > > Guess sarcasim doesn't go over well in here.
    > >

    > Misspellings don't, either. :-P

    Who's this Miss Pelling? Has she got big bazookas?

    --
    ~/.signature MD5 Hash error.

  15. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:51:27 -0500
    "Kaleb Winthorp" wrote:

    > "Heath" wrote in message news:kgY2j.59395
    >
    > >I recently ordered Ubuntu 7.10 on cd

    > _____________snip_________
    >
    > Sorry for your bad luck

    hmmmmmm

    Irony meter's just gone off the scale.

    --
    ~/.signature MD5 Hash error.

  16. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> Heath wrote:
    >>
    >>> Guess sarcasim doesn't go over well in here.

    >> Misspellings don't, either. :-P

    > Who's this Miss Pelling? Has she got big bazookas?

    She's Sarca Sims sister. Ask her.

    Try the download section.

  17. Re: Ubuntu 7.10

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:56:26 -0500
    CBFalconer wrote:

    > Trevor Best wrote:
    > > Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > >> Misspellings don't, either. :-P

    > > Who's this Miss Pelling? Has she got big bazookas?

    > She's Sarca Sims sister. Ask her.

    No relation to I Ronny though.

    --
    ~/.signature MD5 Hash error.