Recopnfigure Monitor to 1024 by 768. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Recopnfigure Monitor to 1024 by 768. - Ubuntu ; Hi Guys and gals I have my system at 800 by 600 and can't see the bottom of the page. I tried sudo dpkg-reconfigure and that did not work. Is there another script that will get my monitor to go ...

  1. Recopnfigure Monitor to 1024 by 768.

    Hi Guys and gals

    I have my system at 800 by 600 and can't see the bottom of the page.

    I tried sudo dpkg-reconfigure and that did not work. Is there another
    script that will get my monitor to go into 1024 by768 Mode?

    I am a newbie running Linux 7.04. I tried 7.10 and it clobbered my dual
    boot.

    Any help will be gratefully received. I will check back frequently for
    a reply to your post ed reply.

    Derryl Killan

    Calgary
    derrylkillan@shaw.ca

  2. Re: Recopnfigure Monitor to 1024 by 768.

    Derryl Killan wrote:

    > Hi Guys and gals
    >
    > I have my system at 800 by 600 and can't see the bottom of the page.
    >
    > I tried sudo dpkg-reconfigure and that did not work. Is there another
    > script that will get my monitor to go into 1024 by768 Mode?
    >
    > I am a newbie running Linux 7.04. I tried 7.10 and it clobbered my dual
    > boot.
    >
    > Any help will be gratefully received. I will check back frequently for
    > a reply to your post ed reply.
    >
    > Derryl Killan
    >
    > Calgary
    > derrylkillan@shaw.ca

    Paste a copy of your xorg.conf file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) here and someone
    will be able to help you ...

    http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/

    Of course, after pasting send your new url here so we can go and look at it.

    Cheers.

    --
    Sometimes, I Wake Up Grumpy.
    Sometimes, I Just Let Him Sleep In.