network question - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on network question - Ubuntu ; Hi all, Hope this is a simple question for all you Ubuntu gurus. My question is, how do I configure Ubuntu so that it shows up on my Windows Explorer's network list? The more detailed the instructions, the better. I ...

  1. network question

    Hi all,

    Hope this is a simple question for all you Ubuntu gurus.

    My question is, how do I configure Ubuntu so that it shows up on my Windows
    Explorer's network list? The more detailed the instructions, the better. I
    am using Ubuntu 7.10.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: network question

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:05:40 -0500, Daniel wrote:

    > Thanks in advance.

    Are you referring to your network places? Do you actually want to connect
    to it, or just look?

    --
    :-)

  3. Re: network question

    Daniel wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Hope this is a simple question for all you Ubuntu gurus.
    >
    > My question is, how do I configure Ubuntu so that it shows up on my
    > Windows Explorer's network list? The more detailed the instructions, the
    > better. I am using Ubuntu 7.10.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Start here ...

    sudo apt-get install samba