First Look Mint 3.0 Xfce Ed. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on First Look Mint 3.0 Xfce Ed. - Ubuntu ; The madwifi driver for my Atheros chipset works beautifully. WMA and MPG files play perfectly in synch with sound. This OS is really nice. I only wish the madwifi driver with Edgy would work as well. Is there any way ...

  1. First Look Mint 3.0 Xfce Ed.

    The madwifi driver for my Atheros chipset works beautifully. WMA and MPG
    files play perfectly in synch with sound. This OS is really nice. I only
    wish the madwifi driver with Edgy would work as well.

    Is there any way of updating the madwifi driver in Edgy so that it plays as
    nicely as in Mint 3.0? Funny, but the Mint 3.0 regular edition doesn't
    connect thru WiFi *at all.* Why all the differences in wifi compatibility?

    *R* *H*

    --
    If only one of Charles Chaplin's films could be preserved, ``City
    Lights'' (1931) would come the closest to representing all the

  2. Re: First Look Mint 3.0 Xfce Ed.

    Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

    > The madwifi driver for my Atheros chipset works beautifully. WMA and MPG
    > files play perfectly in synch with sound. This OS is really nice. I only
    > wish the madwifi driver with Edgy would work as well.
    >
    > Is there any way of updating the madwifi driver in Edgy so that it plays
    > as
    > nicely as in Mint 3.0? Funny, but the Mint 3.0 regular edition doesn't
    > connect thru WiFi *at all.* Why all the differences in wifi
    > compatibility?
    >
    > *R* *H*

    New compatibility can be explained by newer kernels available that handle
    more hardware.

    Cheers.

    --
    Sometimes, I Wake Up Grumpy.