Partition Ubuntu ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Partition Ubuntu ? - Ubuntu ; Primax wrote: > Ohhh and bye the way, as I used to defrag my HD in windows every couple > of week`s or so, do I need to do that to Ubuntu? *if so where do I get a > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Partition Ubuntu ?

    Primax wrote:

    > Ohhh and bye the way, as I used to defrag my HD in windows every couple
    > of week`s or so, do I need to do that to Ubuntu? *if so where do I get a
    > defrag program from?

    Linux filesystems to not need defragging, as the filesystem is organized more
    efficiently.

    http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.org/ind..._defragmenting

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 2

  2. Re: Partition Ubuntu ?

    On 2007-11-17, Primax wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am using Ubuntu 7.10 on an 80 Gig HD.
    > I would like to partition the HD example MP3 5 gig, Radio Plays 5 gig
    > So far I have used 15.2gig up.
    >
    > What will the best partition program to use without any chance of
    > I did try QTParted but I cant use it as it tells me No deivce found,
    > maybe I am not the root user.
    > And I do not know how to over come this.

    Grab the live CD of Gparted, or RescueCD. Boot from this and Bob is your
    Uncle.

    Be aware that Gparted is aweapon of mass destruction. Think twice, and
    click once. Backup up first yes. That is an order

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2