I help with mutt - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on I help with mutt - Ubuntu ; I need an expert in mutt. I posted on the mutt group, but have had no reply. When you click the "r" to reply, mutt enters the correct email address to reply to that email. But if you click on ...

  1. I help with mutt

    I need an expert in mutt.

    I posted on the mutt group, but have had no reply.

    When you click the "r" to reply, mutt enters the correct email address
    to reply to that email.

    But if you click on the up arrow, it will change the address to that of
    the previous email sent.

    I hit this arrow accidentally and caused a major upset in a friend's
    life, which probably has cost me a friend.

    I want to kill that feature without killing the up arrow for other use.

    I know how to kill the up arrow, but I can't find out how to kill it for
    that one use only.

    I would appreciate help as this has hurt a friend and I don't want to
    make that mistake again.

    This is a very dangerous feature.

    Imagine you have just sent an email to your boss explaining that you did
    not go to work this morning because you woke up deathly ill. Must have
    been bad clam chowder last night.

    Then you send the next email, or intend to, to your lawyer telling him
    you just made bail and got home from a DUI arrest. But you accidentally
    hit the up arrow and that one also goes to the boss.

    That is not what happened, but you can think of 1,000 scenarios that
    will scare the hell out of you.

    I will get rid of it if I have to kill for everything.

    CSSJR

    --
    If we do not wish to lose our freedom, we must learn to tolerate our
    neighbor's right to freedom even though he might express that freedom

  2. Re: I help with mutt

    On 2007-11-17, Claude S. Sutton, Jr wrote:

    [...]

    > When you click the "r" to reply, mutt enters the correct email address
    > to reply to that email.
    >
    > But if you click on the up arrow, it will change the address to that of
    > the previous email sent.

    I am using mutt 1.5.17 (2007-11-01) and could not duplicate this
    problem, although I am not entirely clear what you mean by 'click on
    the up arrow'? Are you using the mouse in mutt?

    Andrew

    --
    Now I can praise him, now that I can stand by to mourn
    and speak before this web that killed my father; yet

  3. Re: I help with mutt

    On 2007-11-17, andrew wrote:
    > On 2007-11-17, Claude S. Sutton, Jr wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    >> When you click the "r" to reply, mutt enters the correct email address
    >> to reply to that email.
    >>
    >> But if you click on the up arrow, it will change the address to that of
    >> the previous email sent.

    > I am using mutt 1.5.17 (2007-11-01) and could not duplicate this
    > problem, although I am not entirely clear what you mean by 'click on
    > the up arrow'? Are you using the mouse in mutt?

    I was thinking the same thing. He seems to be describing a bug in the
    way that vim is reading the alias file in the .muttrc. However, for
    the life of me, I can't reproduce the bug.

    --
    Terry

+ Reply to Thread