Internet Speed - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Internet Speed - Ubuntu ; dennis@home wrote: > > > "Alias" wrote in message > news:fisbna$h9e$1@aioe.org... >> dennis@home wrote: >>> >>> >>> "caver1" wrote in message >>> news:4751574c$0$2484$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >>>> dennis@home wrote: >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> "caver1" wrote in message >>>>> news:4750b27b$0$2569$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >>>>>> dennis@home wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Results 521 to 538 of 538

  1. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Alias" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>>

    >>> "caver1" wrote in message

    >>> You can't read. I have never called Linux users thieves.
    >>> I said it was probably illegal (depending on the country) to bypass
    >>> the DRM on the DVDs so you could play them.
    >>> That is not theft idiot..
    >>>

    >> By virtue of paying for the DVD you have the digital right to play it.
    >> Sheesh!

    > Just because you own the DVD is irrelevant.
    > The crime is bypassing DRM which is a specific crime in many countries.
    > Live with it until you get the law changed.

    Bypassing DRM to do what? You are not clear.

    Alias

  2. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    dennis@home wrote:

    > You are a joke.

    In what can only be called a strange twist of irony, YOU'RE apparently
    oblivious to just what a pathetic joke you've become yourself.

  3. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    dennis@home wrote:

    > Do you want to post your code here so we can see how you do it in 15
    > seconds?

    It's freely available on the 'net if you know how to look.

    C.

  4. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    dennis@home wrote:

    */plonk!/*

  5. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    "Christopher Hunter" wrote in message
    news:IpI4j.53050$JA1.10491@fe2.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> Do you want to post your code here so we can see how you do it in 15
    >> seconds?

    > It's freely available on the 'net if you know how to look.
    >
    > C.

    No I want your solution not someone else's.

  6. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    "Alias" wrote in message news:fivfis$1vk$1@aioe.org...
    > dennis@home wrote:

    8<

    >> Just because you own the DVD is irrelevant.
    >> The crime is bypassing DRM which is a specific crime in many countries.
    >> Live with it until you get the law changed.
    >>

    > Bypassing DRM to do what? You are not clear.

    Hi alias,
    playing at being thick again?

  7. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Alias" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:

    > 8<
    >
    >>> Just because you own the DVD is irrelevant.
    >>> The crime is bypassing DRM which is a specific crime in many countries.
    >>> Live with it until you get the law changed.
    >>>

    >> Bypassing DRM to do what? You are not clear.

    > Hi alias,
    > playing at being thick again?

    Hi dennis, demonstrating being think again?

    You weren't clear at all. And, BTW, would you care to explain in which
    countries those idiotic DRM laws you mentioned apply?
    Hint: It is a tiny subset of "countries". And even there "fair use" applies.

    Another hint: LinDVD exists

    But then, you are just a typical Vista user. Dumber than that is impossible
    --
    The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the
    stupidity of your action.

  8. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Alias" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:

    > 8<
    >
    >>> Just because you own the DVD is irrelevant.
    >>> The crime is bypassing DRM which is a specific crime in many countries.
    >>> Live with it until you get the law changed.
    >>>

    >> Bypassing DRM to do what? You are not clear.

    > Hi alias,
    > playing at being thick again?

    No, it's a sincere question. Can you answer it?

    Alias

  9. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Christopher Hunter" wrote in
    > message news:IpI4j.53050$JA1.10491@fe2.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>
    >>> Do you want to post your code here so we can see how you do it in 15
    >>> seconds?

    >> It's freely available on the 'net if you know how to look.
    >>
    >> C.

    > No I want your solution not someone else's.

    Here ****wit. Not that you're bright enough to understand a line of
    it....

    if (opt.do_ptw)
    {
    opt.next_ptw_try = ap_cur->nb_ivs - (ap_cur->nb_ivs % PTW_TRY_STEP);
    do
    {
    if(ap_cur->nb_ivs >= opt.next_ptw_try)
    {
    ret = crack_wep_ptw(ap_cur);
    if(ret)
    {
    opt.next_ptw_try += PTW_TRY_STEP;
    }
    }
    if(ret)
    usleep(10000);
    }while(ret != 0);
    }
    else if(opt.dict != NULL)
    {
    ret = crack_wep_dict();
    }

  10. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    "Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer" wrote in
    message news:de5fe45bfe6d79f7a9a99b16daa68f63@remailer.cyb eriade.it...
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> "Christopher Hunter" wrote in
    >> message news:IpI4j.53050$JA1.10491@fe2.news.blueyonder.co. uk...

    >>> It's freely available on the 'net if you know how to look.
    >>>
    >>> C.

    >> No I want your solution not someone else's.

    > Here ****wit. Not that you're bright enough to understand a line of
    > it....
    >

    > if (opt.do_ptw)
    > {
    > opt.next_ptw_try = ap_cur->nb_ivs - (ap_cur->nb_ivs % PTW_TRY_STEP);
    > do
    > {
    > if(ap_cur->nb_ivs >= opt.next_ptw_try)
    > {
    > ret = crack_wep_ptw(ap_cur);
    > if(ret)
    > {
    > opt.next_ptw_try += PTW_TRY_STEP;
    > }
    > }
    > if(ret)
    > usleep(10000);
    > }while(ret != 0);
    > }
    > else if(opt.dict != NULL)
    > {
    > ret = crack_wep_dict();
    > }

    Rubbish as usual.

  11. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> Do you want to post your code here so we can see how you do it in 15
    >> seconds?

    > It's freely available on the 'net if you know how to look.
    >
    > C.

    He won't look himself and if you give him the
    proof he will either say you're arguments are
    pointless, you idiot are clueless or he will go
    onto another thread.
    caver1

  12. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    "caver1" wrote in message
    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>
    >>> Do you want to post your code here so we can see how you do it in 15
    >>> seconds?

    >> It's freely available on the 'net if you know how to look.
    >>
    >> C.

    > He won't look himself and if you give him the proof

    He won't give me the proof.
    The best he will do is some half baked dictionary attack that will take a
    lot longer than the 15 seconds he claimed.
    Anyone can do a dictionary attack and break a lot of machines including
    windows, linux, and Mac.

    > he will either say you're arguments are pointless, you idiot are clueless
    > or he will go onto another thread.
    > caver1

    No I won't.
    Unlike you trolls I stick to threads so that others can kill the thread if
    they want to.
    You and others just go posting your lies everywhere.
    You won't find my posts in many threads here, just the ones where you idiots
    have accused me of lying or being wrong.
    That's why you are trolls even though you are too stupid to know.

  13. Re: Internet Speed

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > J(ohn|ane) Doe wrote:
    >
    >> Thing is, I don't think most people fully understand just how horribly
    >> insecure Windows actually is.

    > To all intents and purposes, it's /entirely/ open. It is *not* possible to
    > secure a Windows box [...]

    Sure there is.

    (. Just unplug the network cable.)

    --
    Jon Solberg (remove "nospam" from email address).

  14. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    dennis@home wrote:

    >> Here ****wit. Not that you're bright enough to understand a line of
    >> it....
    >>

    >> if (opt.do_ptw)
    >> {
    >> opt.next_ptw_try = ap_cur->nb_ivs - (ap_cur->nb_ivs % PTW_TRY_STEP); do
    >> {
    >> if(ap_cur->nb_ivs >= opt.next_ptw_try) {
    >> ret = crack_wep_ptw(ap_cur);
    >> if(ret)
    >> {
    >> opt.next_ptw_try += PTW_TRY_STEP;
    >> }
    >> }
    >> if(ret)
    >> usleep(10000);
    >> }while(ret != 0);
    >> }
    >> else if(opt.dict != NULL)
    >> {
    >> ret = crack_wep_dict();
    >> }
    >>

    > Rubbish as usual.

    You probably believe that's a fact.

    *snicker*

    Jokes on you, ****wit. That's a snippit from Aircrack-NG, a freely
    available utility to crack WEP and brute force attack WPA. Something
    that's known to work famously against the cruddy encryption used by
    WEP as a matter of fact, and your ignorant, uneducated, dumb ass just
    called it "rubbish".

    Put another check mark beside dennis@home on the "How ****ing Butt Stupid
    Can We Look Today" chart folks...

    *laugh*

  15. Re: Internet Speed

    Jon Solberg wrote:

    >> To all intents and purposes, it's /entirely/ open. It is *not* possible
    >> to secure a Windows box [...]

    > Sure there is.
    >
    > (. Just unplug the network cable.)

    OK. But it's still open to local attack!

    C.

  16. Re: Internet Speed (Windoze and Linux knowledge)

    "J(ohn|ane) Doe" wrote in message
    news:79f2404e4a23e778ac03a42aba9dde82@hermetix.org ...
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >>> Here ****wit. Not that you're bright enough to understand a line of
    >>> it....
    >>>

    >>> if (opt.do_ptw)
    >>> {
    >>> opt.next_ptw_try = ap_cur->nb_ivs - (ap_cur->nb_ivs % PTW_TRY_STEP); do
    >>> {
    >>> if(ap_cur->nb_ivs >= opt.next_ptw_try) {
    >>> ret = crack_wep_ptw(ap_cur);
    >>> if(ret)
    >>> {
    >>> opt.next_ptw_try += PTW_TRY_STEP;
    >>> }
    >>> }
    >>> if(ret)
    >>> usleep(10000);
    >>> }while(ret != 0);
    >>> }
    >>> else if(opt.dict != NULL)
    >>> {
    >>> ret = crack_wep_dict();
    >>> }
    >>>

    >> Rubbish as usual.

    > You probably believe that's a fact.
    >
    > *snicker*
    >
    > Jokes on you, ****wit. That's a snippit from Aircrack-NG, a freely
    > available utility to crack WEP and brute force attack WPA. Something
    > that's known to work famously against the cruddy encryption used by
    > WEP as a matter of fact, and your ignorant, uneducated, dumb ass just
    > called it "rubbish".

    Shame your post arrived after I had said what it was in another post.
    Still isn't what was claimed and is not going to crack WEP in the 15 seconds
    claimed.
    So who is it that knows nothing yet again you idiot.

    > Put another check mark beside dennis@home on the "How ****ing Butt Stupid
    > Can We Look Today" chart folks...

    Would that be against Jane, John or both?

    > *laugh*

    You laugh at yourself?
    Its good for you actually, keep it up.

  17. Re: Internet Speed

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Jon Solberg wrote:
    >

    >>> To all intents and purposes, it's /entirely/ open. It is *not* possible
    >>> to secure a Windows box [...]

    >> Sure there is.
    >>
    >> (. Just unplug the network cable.)

    > OK. But it's still open to local attack!
    >
    > C.

    No computer is safe to a local attack. If you have psychical access to
    the machine, you can hack it. Depending on knowledge, skill, luck, OS
    and time, that is.

    If you need to be really safe, throw the thing in a locked safe and
    destroy the key. Come to mention it, you really should incinerate the thing.

    Just to be on the safe side. ;-)

    --
    Jon Solberg (remove "nospam" from email address).

  18. Re: Internet Speed

    On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 10:43:44 +0100, Jon Solberg wrote:

    > If you have psychical access to
    > the machine, you can hack it.

    I've been waiting all my life for *that* API to be published.