What a difference. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on What a difference. - Ubuntu ; Hi all, As some of you know by now, I switched from Windows to Ubuntu 7.10 I see a big difference between Windows groups and Linux/Ubuntu groups in the way of a nice response. I have been given a lot ...

  1. What a difference.

    Hi all,

    As some of you know by now, I switched from Windows to Ubuntu 7.10
    I see a big difference between Windows groups and Linux/Ubuntu groups in
    the way of a nice response.

    I have been given a lot of good help from a good many of you, and that is
    nice.

    Instead of sarcastic nasty foul mouthed comments from certain Windows
    groups.

    Its a nice and pleasant change to get some thing good from Linux users,
    rather than being called all sorts just because you are in a Windows
    group and ask a question.
    Don`t get me wrong here they are not all like that in Windows groups but
    a good many are.

    This is just an observation.

    I should have swapped over a long time ago.

    Mike.

    --
    Lets stop hurting and killing each other,
    Lets all live in peace.

  2. Re: What a difference.

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:54:26 +0000, Primax wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > As some of you know by now, I switched from Windows to Ubuntu 7.10
    > I see a big difference between Windows groups and Linux/Ubuntu groups in
    > the way of a nice response.
    >
    > I have been given a lot of good help from a good many of you, and that is
    > nice.
    >
    > Instead of sarcastic nasty foul mouthed comments from certain Windows
    > groups.
    >
    > Its a nice and pleasant change to get some thing good from Linux users,
    > rather than being called all sorts just because you are in a Windows
    > group and ask a question.
    > Don`t get me wrong here they are not all like that in Windows groups but
    > a good many are.
    >
    > This is just an observation.
    >
    > I should have swapped over a long time ago.
    >
    > Mike.

    I haven't used the actual MS support ng's much, but I find most groups
    have one or more wise arse individuals who feel they have to either lord
    it over the rest of us or admonish us for our perceived deficiencies. An
    ego thing I guess. I have found some product specific groups seem to be
    free of this, the serif product forums and terabyteunlimited sites are a
    couple that come to mind. Also the Paint Shop Pro groups seem pretty good.
    Otherwise I just read the posts that are useful, pose my own questions and
    sometimes respond and ignore the bad ones. This group is certainly very
    helpful and that's the way to judge a group.
    Dave Cohen

+ Reply to Thread