Kubuntu? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Kubuntu? - Ubuntu ; Does anyone know why I get this pop up window in Xubuntu EVERY time I use the update manager or get updates? "Could not commit changes - Adept updater" "There was an error committing changes. Possibly there was a problem ...

  1. Kubuntu?

    Does anyone know why I get this pop up window in Xubuntu EVERY time I
    use the update manager or get updates?
    "Could not commit changes - Adept updater"
    "There was an error committing changes. Possibly there was a problem
    downloading some packages or the commit would break packages."

    I have gone in the "manage repositories" and set it the same as in
    Ubuntu. I have changed them to every combination and the message never
    goes away.I only get this in Kubuntu.

    I have Ubuntu 7.10 on two other drives and never get this message on
    either drive no matter how many times I update through the package
    manager. I don't know if Kubuntu is updating or not. Should I stay with
    Ubuntu and forget the Kubuntu?
    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Kubuntu?

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:55:46 -0800, Bman wrote:

    >Does anyone know why I get this pop up window in Xubuntu EVERY time I
    >use the update manager or get updates?
    >"Could not commit changes - Adept updater"
    >"There was an error committing changes. Possibly there was a problem
    >downloading some packages or the commit would break packages."

    I've seen it twice, once on each of my Kubuntu Gutsy boxes. I think it's a
    screwup on their end. They scheduled a package for update, which if
    installed would break something else, and Adept caught it ..

  3. Re: Kubuntu?

    Bman wrote:
    > Does anyone know why I get this pop up window in Xubuntu EVERY time I
    > use the update manager or get updates?
    > "Could not commit changes - Adept updater"
    > "There was an error committing changes. Possibly there was a problem
    > downloading some packages or the commit would break packages."
    >
    > I have gone in the "manage repositories" and set it the same as in
    > Ubuntu. I have changed them to every combination and the message never
    > goes away.I only get this in Kubuntu.
    >
    > I have Ubuntu 7.10 on two other drives and never get this message on
    > either drive no matter how many times I update through the package
    > manager. I don't know if Kubuntu is updating or not. Should I stay with
    > Ubuntu and forget the Kubuntu?
    > Thanks for any help.

    maybe?

  4. Re: Kubuntu?

    Bman wrote:
    > Dumped Kubuntu kept Ubuntu 7.10 no problems everything works great. Much easier to use than windows.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread