Type 1 font woes - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Type 1 font woes - Ubuntu ; I have a number of favourite Type 1 fonts that I would like to use in OpenOffice. After much googling the problem seems to be that I have pfb and pfm files for each font but for some reason OOo ...

  1. Type 1 font woes

    I have a number of favourite Type 1 fonts that I would like to use in
    OpenOffice. After much googling the problem seems to be that I have pfb
    and pfm files for each font but for some reason OOo needs an afm for
    each. I've installed them to the system (Mint 4 beta) OK and can use
    them in Abiword etc. but not OOo. spadmin obviously looks for afm files
    and so they're all greyed-out.

    What I can't find is a nice little utility (and I'll even boot XP for
    this if needs be) that can take a whole folder of Type 1 fonts and
    produce a suitable afm for each one.

    Any help much appreciated.

  2. Re: Type 1 font woes

    On 14-Nov-07 3:47 PM, Derek Turner wrote:
    > I have a number of favourite Type 1 fonts that I would like to use in
    > OpenOffice. After much googling the problem seems to be that I have pfb
    > and pfm files for each font but for some reason OOo needs an afm for
    > each. I've installed them to the system (Mint 4 beta) OK and can use
    > them in Abiword etc. but not OOo. spadmin obviously looks for afm files
    > and so they're all greyed-out.
    >
    > What I can't find is a nice little utility (and I'll even boot XP for
    > this if needs be) that can take a whole folder of Type 1 fonts and
    > produce a suitable afm for each one.

    pf2afm?

+ Reply to Thread