Icons - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Icons - Ubuntu ; Ubuntu 7.10 I have installed realplayer and it has taken over my icons How do i get my MP3 player icons back? Its really anooying and i've spent about 3 hours trawling the net and found nothing Please help me...

  1. Icons

    Ubuntu 7.10

    I have installed realplayer and it has taken over my icons
    How do i get my MP3 player icons back?

    Its really anooying and i've spent about 3 hours trawling the net and
    found nothing

    Please help me

  2. Re: Icons

    brummie wrote:
    > Ubuntu 7.10
    >
    > I have installed realplayer and it has taken over my icons
    > How do i get my MP3 player icons back?
    >
    > Its really anooying and i've spent about 3 hours trawling the net and
    > found nothing
    >
    > Please help me

    I am sorry I cant help you with this.
    But I have tried to get Realplayer running on my system but no luck.
    Using Ubuntu 7.10.

    I don`t suppose by any luck you could direct me to get a version of
    Realplayer up and running could you?

    TIA,

    Mike.

  3. Re: Icons

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:48:14 +0000, Primax wrote:

    > brummie wrote:
    >> Ubuntu 7.10
    >>
    >> I have installed realplayer and it has taken over my icons How do i get
    >> my MP3 player icons back?
    >>
    >> Its really anooying and i've spent about 3 hours trawling the net and
    >> found nothing
    >>
    >> Please help me

    > I am sorry I cant help you with this. But I have tried to get Realplayer
    > running on my system but no luck. Using Ubuntu 7.10.
    >
    > I don`t suppose by any luck you could direct me to get a version of
    > Realplayer up and running could you?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Mike.

    I used a nightly build from
    http://forms.helixcommunity.org/heli...alplay-current

  4. Re: Icons

    brummie wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:48:14 +0000, Primax wrote:
    >
    >> brummie wrote:
    >>> Ubuntu 7.10
    >>>
    >>> I have installed realplayer and it has taken over my icons How do i get
    >>> my MP3 player icons back?
    >>>
    >>> Its really anooying and i've spent about 3 hours trawling the net and
    >>> found nothing
    >>>
    >>> Please help me

    >> I am sorry I cant help you with this. But I have tried to get Realplayer
    >> running on my system but no luck. Using Ubuntu 7.10.
    >>
    >> I don`t suppose by any luck you could direct me to get a version of
    >> Realplayer up and running could you?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >>
    >> Mike.

    > I used a nightly build from
    > http://forms.helixcommunity.org/heli...alplay-current

    Got it, thank you very much.

    Mike.

  5. Re: Icons

    brummie wrote:

    > Ubuntu 7.10
    >
    > I have installed realplayer and it has taken over my icons
    > How do i get my MP3 player icons back?
    >
    > Its really anooying and i've spent about 3 hours trawling the net and
    > found nothing
    >
    > Please help me

    If I understand your question correctly i.e. that RealPlayer has become your
    default mp3 player, then right-click on an mp3 file in your file browser,
    go to Properties, look for the tab called Open With and select your mp3
    player.

    Unless you set RP up correctly it worms its way into youir system and takes
    over EVERYTHING.

    If, however, it's just that the icons are wrong but nothing else is,
    then . . . erm . . . :-)

    --
    Steveski

  6. Re: Icons

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:14:39 +0000, steveski wrote:

    > brummie wrote:
    >
    >> Ubuntu 7.10
    >>
    >> I have installed realplayer and it has taken over my icons How do i get
    >> my MP3 player icons back?
    >>
    >> Its really anooying and i've spent about 3 hours trawling the net and
    >> found nothing
    >>
    >> Please help me

    > If I understand your question correctly i.e. that RealPlayer has become
    > your default mp3 player, then right-click on an mp3 file in your file
    > browser, go to Properties, look for the tab called Open With and select
    > your mp3 player.
    >
    > Unless you set RP up correctly it worms its way into youir system and
    > takes over EVERYTHING.
    >
    > If, however, it's just that the icons are wrong but nothing else is,
    > then . . . erm . . . :-)

    Yeah just the icons. Something to do with mime types but i'm not sure.
    I should create mime type icons but.....??

+ Reply to Thread