ATI 345 chip and "Gutsy" troubles - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on ATI 345 chip and "Gutsy" troubles - Ubuntu ; Hail all wise, I have run Ubuntu 7.04 with all the 3D-goodies on my HP NX9010 Laptop (grahpics ATI 345-chip) since the distro came as a sharp version... When I recently upgraded to 7.10 it all went back to 2D ...

  1. ATI 345 chip and "Gutsy" troubles

    Hail all wise,

    I have run Ubuntu 7.04 with all the 3D-goodies on my HP NX9010 Laptop
    (grahpics ATI 345-chip) since the distro came as a sharp version...

    When I recently upgraded to 7.10 it all went back to 2D only and after
    having swept the net several round for a solution I ask you for help.

    When booting 7.10 using the recommended drivers for an ATI-card/chip the
    X-server just hangs, complaining of some sort of overload. Using the
    "boring" VGA-driver works fine..

    Now I have stepped down to "Feisty", 7.04 and is content with Beryl but
    I would love to run 7.10 and Compiz so suggestions anyone????

  2. Re: ATI 345 chip and "Gutsy" troubles

    CuDobh wrote:.

    > When booting 7.10 using the recommended drivers for an ATI-card/chip the
    > X-server just hangs, complaining of some sort of overload. Using the
    > "boring" VGA-driver works fine..
    >
    > Now I have stepped down to "Feisty", 7.04 and is content with Beryl but
    > I would love to run 7.10 and Compiz so suggestions anyone????

    I had a similar problem with nVidia and ran 'Envy' it resolved the
    manufactures driver, sorted out all the dependencies and the kernel and
    completed the configuration too. It did a brilliant job. I note there
    were some recent updates this week to the graphics related
    drivers/software which you should have beforehand.
    --
    Regards,
    Cushie

+ Reply to Thread