Oh oh Ksnapshot doesn't work - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Oh oh Ksnapshot doesn't work - Ubuntu ; I've updated to 7.1 and found another think that doesn't work, Ksnapshot. It worked just fine before the upgrade. When you try to do a region for capture mode, all I get is a fist in the window. I can't ...

  1. Oh oh Ksnapshot doesn't work

    I've updated to 7.1 and found another think that doesn't work, Ksnapshot.
    It worked just fine before the upgrade. When you try to do a region for
    capture mode, all I get is a fist in the window. I can't select anything.

    What to do?

    Al

  2. Re: Oh oh Ksnapshot doesn't work

    Al wrote:
    > I've updated to 7.1 and found another think that doesn't work, Ksnapshot.
    > It worked just fine before the upgrade. When you try to do a region for
    > capture mode, all I get is a fist in the window. I can't select anything.

    It's 7.10 not 7.1.

    All you get is a _fist_? You get a *fist* in the window? Gutsy's angry
    with you.

    Suggestion: just snapshot the whole window or screen and then just crop
    what you want. Not that difficult.

    --Benjamin Franklin

  3. Re: Oh oh Ksnapshot doesn't work

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:54:16 +0000, johnny bobby bee wrote:

    > Al wrote:
    >> I've updated to 7.1 and found another think that doesn't work,
    >> Ksnapshot. It worked just fine before the upgrade. When you try to do a
    >> region for capture mode, all I get is a fist in the window. I can't
    >> select anything.

    > It's 7.10 not 7.1.
    >
    > All you get is a _fist_? You get a *fist* in the window? Gutsy's angry
    > with you.
    >
    > Suggestion: just snapshot the whole window or screen and then just crop
    > what you want. Not that difficult.

    I suppose you would call it a hand. If I wanted to do what you suggest, I
    would use Screenshot which comes bundled with Ubuntu. Why should I take 5
    steps to get a fraction of a screen when one should do?

    Al

  4. Re: Oh oh Ksnapshot doesn't work

    Al wrote:

    > I've updated to 7.1 and found another think that doesn't work, Ksnapshot.
    > It worked just fine before the upgrade. When you try to do a region for
    > capture mode, all I get is a fist in the window. I can't select anything.
    >
    > What to do?

    Are you using 3D graphic effects? Try to switch them off, maybe it works
    then.

    Florian

  5. Re: Oh oh Ksnapshot doesn't work

    Al wrote:

    > I've updated to 7.1 and found another think that doesn't work,
    > Ksnapshot. It worked just fine before the upgrade. When you try to
    > do a region for capture mode, all I get is a fist in the window. I
    > can't select anything.

    There is no version 7.1, or issued in Jan 2007. There are versions
    7.04 and 7.10, however.

    Try the download section.

  6. Re: Oh oh Ksnapshot doesn't work

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:44:32 +0100, Florian Diesch wrote:

    > Al wrote:
    >
    >> I've updated to 7.1 and found another think that doesn't work,
    >> Ksnapshot. It worked just fine before the upgrade. When you try to do a
    >> region for capture mode, all I get is a fist in the window. I can't
    >> select anything.
    >>
    >> What to do?

    > Are you using 3D graphic effects? Try to switch them off, maybe it works
    > then.
    >

    > Florian

    I found nothing about 3d effects in the desktop preferences. I do have
    selected, "No effects." Is that what I need to do?

    Al

+ Reply to Thread