Printer Setup - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Printer Setup - Ubuntu ; Ubuntu will recognize my printer in usb mode (it's a Brother Laser with either parallel or usb). When I print the test page or a web page, it's printing right up to the bottom of the sheet. I've specified letter ...

  1. Printer Setup

    Ubuntu will recognize my printer in usb mode (it's a Brother Laser with
    either parallel or usb). When I print the test page or a web page, it's
    printing right up to the bottom of the sheet. I've specified letter size
    wherever I can find it. Is there anywhere I could manually edit the size,
    I couldn't find it. Of course if using an editor I can allow for the
    problem. Dave Cohen

  2. Re: Printer Setup

    Dave Cohen wrote:
    > Ubuntu will recognize my printer in usb mode (it's a Brother Laser with
    > either parallel or usb). When I print the test page or a web page, it's
    > printing right up to the bottom of the sheet. I've specified letter size
    > wherever I can find it. Is there anywhere I could manually edit the size,
    > I couldn't find it. Of course if using an editor I can allow for the
    > problem. Dave Cohen

    Is it supported well by ubuntu?
    Perhaps you should try another "type" of brother and see how it prints
    with this driver.

    I use two "wrong" drivers for my f*****g canon printer ...

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Less gui, less icons, more speed ... (^-^)

  3. Re: Printer Setup

    xubunt6 wrote:
    > Dave Cohen wrote:
    >> Ubuntu will recognize my printer in usb mode (it's a Brother Laser with
    >> either parallel or usb). When I print the test page or a web page, it's
    >> printing right up to the bottom of the sheet. I've specified letter size
    >> wherever I can find it. Is there anywhere I could manually edit the size,
    >> I couldn't find it. Of course if using an editor I can allow for the
    >> problem. Dave Cohen

    > Is it supported well by ubuntu?
    > Perhaps you should try another "type" of brother and see how it prints
    > with this driver.
    >
    > I use two "wrong" drivers for my f*****g canon printer ...

    I just ran a live Fedora cd, recognizes the printer and when I specify
    US Letter prints with very even top and bottom margins. Different test
    page content from Ubuntu. Maybe try to see if I can grab the Fedora driver.
    Dave Cohen

  4. Re: Printer Setup

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 00:54:02 +0000, Dave Cohen wrote:

    > xubunt6 wrote:
    >> Dave Cohen wrote:
    >>> Ubuntu will recognize my printer in usb mode (it's a Brother Laser with
    >>> either parallel or usb). When I print the test page or a web page, it's
    >>> printing right up to the bottom of the sheet. I've specified letter size
    >>> wherever I can find it. Is there anywhere I could manually edit the size,
    >>> I couldn't find it. Of course if using an editor I can allow for the
    >>> problem. Dave Cohen

    >> Is it supported well by ubuntu?
    >> Perhaps you should try another "type" of brother and see how it prints
    >> with this driver.
    >>
    >> I use two "wrong" drivers for my f*****g canon printer ...
    >>

    > I just ran a live Fedora cd, recognizes the printer and when I specify
    > US Letter prints with very even top and bottom margins. Different test
    > page content from Ubuntu. Maybe try to see if I can grab the Fedora driver.
    > Dave Cohen

    It works fine with a live cd of 7.10. I'll try to install that when I get
    the extra memory and hd I've ordered.
    Dave Cohen

+ Reply to Thread