PAN and Threads - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on PAN and Threads - Ubuntu ; I have pan set up with three tabs: group pane, header pane and body pane. How do I expand the lists of threads in the header pane? Thanks....

  1. PAN and Threads

    I have pan set up with three tabs: group pane, header pane and body pane.

    How do I expand the lists of threads in the header pane?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: PAN and Threads

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:29:19 +0000, someone purporting to be pikov22
    scrawled firmly:

    > I have pan set up with three tabs: group pane, header pane and body pane.
    >
    > How do I expand the lists of threads in the header pane?
    >
    > Thanks.

    They do expand its just that clicking on the first thread or topic forces
    it to switch to the body pane.

    Personally i think tabbed layout is rather pointless, rather take that off
    and adjust the layout to include just the headers and body if you you like

  3. Re: PAN and Threads

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:29:19 +0000, pikov22 wrote:

    > I have pan set up with three tabs: group pane, header pane and body
    > pane.
    >
    > How do I expand the lists of threads in the header pane?
    >
    > Thanks.

    To expand a thread, click the arrow preceding each thread in the Subject
    column. But... if you are asking how to view an index of individual
    posts rather than threads... in the drop-down menus, go to View/Header
    Pane and uncheck Thread Headers.

    Charlie

  4. Re: PAN and Threads

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 07:33:46 +0000, Charlie Wilkes wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:29:19 +0000, pikov22 wrote:
    >
    >> I have pan set up with three tabs: group pane, header pane and body
    >> pane.
    >>
    >> How do I expand the lists of threads in the header pane?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > To expand a thread, click the arrow preceding each thread in the Subject
    > column. But... if you are asking how to view an index of individual
    > posts rather than threads... in the drop-down menus, go to View/Header
    > Pane and uncheck Thread Headers.
    >
    > Charlie

    1. I'd like a display of all threads expanded when I'm viewing the Header
    Pane.

    2. No, I want them threaded.

    Thanks.

  5. Re: PAN and Threads

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:48:00 +0000, Oddity wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:29:19 +0000, someone purporting to be pikov22
    > scrawled firmly:
    >
    >> I have pan set up with three tabs: group pane, header pane and body pane.
    >>
    >> How do I expand the lists of threads in the header pane?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > They do expand its just that clicking on the first thread or topic forces
    > it to switch to the body pane.
    >
    > Personally i think tabbed layout is rather pointless, rather take that off
    > and adjust the layout to include just the headers and body if you you like

    I like having a separate window of headers and a separate window for the
    message body!

  6. Re: PAN and Threads

    pikov22 wrote:

    > 1. I'd like a display of all threads expanded when I'm viewing the
    > Header Pane.

    Edit >> Edit Preferences, on the Behavior tab, under Groups, the last
    check box should be "Expand all threads when entering groups".

    That's v0.132 but I think v0,120 was the same.

+ Reply to Thread