remote desktop window size - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on remote desktop window size - Ubuntu ; Using remote desktop in 7.10 to connect to an XP box upstairs - how do I increase the size of the viewing window on the Gutsy laptop? It's too small to be useful......

  1. remote desktop window size

    Using remote desktop in 7.10 to connect to an XP box upstairs - how do I
    increase the size of the viewing window on the Gutsy laptop? It's too
    small to be useful...

  2. Re: remote desktop window size

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:06:17 -0600, peter roe wrote:

    > Using remote desktop in 7.10 to connect to an XP box upstairs - how do I
    > increase the size of the viewing window on the Gutsy laptop? It's too
    > small to be useful...

    Highlight the remote computer in the main window, properties, RDP, Remote
    Desktop Size.

  3. Re: remote desktop window size

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:17:13 +0000, Silk wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:06:17 -0600, peter roe wrote:
    >
    >> Using remote desktop in 7.10 to connect to an XP box upstairs - how do
    >> I increase the size of the viewing window on the Gutsy laptop? It's too
    >> small to be useful...

    > Highlight the remote computer in the main window, properties, RDP,
    > Remote Desktop Size.

    Just like that! Great - thanks. In my own defence, I was expecting to
    find a way of adjusting it once connected - didn't occur to me to look at
    properties before connection...

    Thanks again.

  4. Re: remote desktop window size

    On Monday 12 Nov 2007 17:47 peter roe licked a pencil and jotted:

    > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:17:13 +0000, Silk wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:06:17 -0600, peter roe wrote:
    >>
    >>> Using remote desktop in 7.10 to connect to an XP box upstairs - how do
    >>> I increase the size of the viewing window on the Gutsy laptop? It's too
    >>> small to be useful...

    >> Highlight the remote computer in the main window, properties, RDP,
    >> Remote Desktop Size.

    > Just like that! Great - thanks. In my own defence, I was expecting to
    > find a way of adjusting it once connected - didn't occur to me to look at
    > properties before connection...
    >
    > Thanks again.

    Beware if you do go "full screen" and auto-hide the bar at the top, I
    couldn't get it come back again, might just be a glitch on mine though, now
    I have a k/b shortcut set up though it's not a prob.

    Got the best of both worlds here. With 4 desktops set up in KDE I have one
    dedicated to a full screen RDP terminal services session on my 2003 server
    for running the odd Winders app I want.

    Should have done it ages ago, 2003 runs quicker on TS than it does at
    the "terminal" and no messing about with virtualisation either. Set up a
    k/b shortcut to switch destops and its quicker than running a KVM with the
    added advantage of being able to c+p between PCs.

    David

    --
    Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
    can find information upon it. (Samuel Johnson)

  5. Re: remote desktop window size

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:40:26 +0000, Baldylocks-Ubuntu wrote:

    > Beware if you do go "full screen" and auto-hide the bar at the top, I
    > couldn't get it come back again, might just be a glitch on mine though,
    > now I have a k/b shortcut set up though it's not a prob.

    Start, Disconnect in Windows will do the trick.

  6. Re: remote desktop window size

    On Friday 16 Nov 2007 17:27 Silk licked a pencil and jotted:

    > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:40:26 +0000, Baldylocks-Ubuntu wrote:
    >
    >> Beware if you do go "full screen" and auto-hide the bar at the top, I
    >> couldn't get it come back again, might just be a glitch on mine though,
    >> now I have a k/b shortcut set up though it's not a prob.

    > Start, Disconnect in Windows will do the trick.

    Oh yeah, but when switching between desktops to refer to things - that way
    can be a bit awkward

    David
    --
    Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
    can find information upon it. (Samuel Johnson)
    Only the mediocre are always at their best. (Jean Giraudoux)
    (Reply address genuine - Checked occasionally)

+ Reply to Thread