another puzzler i have,

setting up a shared network printer between 2 ubuntu machines.

the printer is connected to my machine, a Ubuntu 7.10 setup. the printer
is a lpt laser printer Brother hl1040

the wifes computer is a Kubuntu 7.04 machine

when running the KDE printer setup utility and searching for a CUPS
networked printer IPP (i think that was the selection anyways something
to that effect) i entered the host name of my computer and nothing, so i
tried my IP address for my side of the network and the utility was able
to poll my machine, but even though all my printers are set as "shared"
in the Gnome printer setup utility they are not showing on my wife's
computer.

Looks to me like it should work looking at the settings availiable in the
2 setup utilities, am i missing something?

suggestions?

--
Chris