Can't get m$ windows to print on ubuntu gutsy printer using cups - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Can't get m$ windows to print on ubuntu gutsy printer using cups - Ubuntu ; Hi All: I upgraded to gutsy over the weekend. Actually, it was a reinstall, as the update manager somehow hosed up the upgrade and I was stuck in "partial upgrade" limbo. Anyway, I was able to get the samba shares ...

  1. Can't get m$ windows to print on ubuntu gutsy printer using cups

    Hi All:

    I upgraded to gutsy over the weekend. Actually, it was a reinstall, as
    the update manager somehow hosed up the upgrade and I was stuck in
    "partial upgrade" limbo.

    Anyway, I was able to get the samba shares to work with my XP machines.
    I can't, however, get the windows boxes to print from my HP2100, which
    is directly attached to my Ubuntu box. I had it working with CUPS before
    the re-install but now I can't get it to work. i have spent many hours
    working on this yesterday and am appealing to the group's collective
    wisdom for support.

    The printer is working on Ubuntu. The printer state on the windows boxes
    is "Access Denied, unable to connect"

    I have read much over the weekend and frankly at my wits end. I've even
    read posts that claimed they were having the same exact error msg on the
    windows side, but that the printer was actually printing. This is not
    the case with me. Nothing is printing on the windows side and I need to
    get it up and running soon.

    I would gratefully appreciate any help anyone can offer with this.

    Thanks in advance,
    Joe

  2. Re: Can't get m$ windows to print on ubuntu gutsy printer using cups

    broadway bum wrote:

    > I would gratefully appreciate any help anyone can offer with this.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Joe

    no direct experience but I seem to remember something about passwords
    and whether they are sent plain or encrypted? IMBVW.

+ Reply to Thread