  1. 7.10: no iPod anymore!

    Hi guys.

    It's my first post here cause I need help.
    Since I've updated to 7.10 I can't mount my iPod shuffle anymore.
    I can see it in hardware information but can't mount it.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: 7.10: no iPod anymore!

    On 2007-11-11, Aleph hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > Hi guys.
    >
    > It's my first post here cause I need help.
    > Since I've updated to 7.10 I can't mount my iPod shuffle anymore.
    > I can see it in hardware information but can't mount it.

    Did you take a look in /media/ directory?

    I'm using a simply mp3 player here, and when I plug it in it
    is being shown as /dev/sdX. Now if you open a Terminal and
    then plug in the device (OK lemme see)

    You need to change into a CLI (Alt +F1) and log in here a
    terminal didn't show the output. Plug the device in, after a
    couple of seconds you should see some output
    containing [sXX] <-- this depends on your box.

    Now my mp3 player is being recognized as SCSI device and
    mount tells me:

    /dev/sdd1 on /USB-win type vfat (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)

    I have then a entry in /etc/fstab for it.

    USB support enables in the BIOS?

    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Dragomir Kollaric

  3. Re: 7.10: no iPod anymore!

    Aleph wrote:
    > Hi guys.
    >
    > It's my first post here cause I need help.
    > Since I've updated to 7.10 I can't mount my iPod shuffle anymore.
    > I can see it in hardware information but can't mount it.

    What does "can't" mean? What have you done, what errors, etc? Read this,
    then report back:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...html#beprecise

    --Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread