3D Desktop in Kubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on 3D Desktop in Kubuntu - Ubuntu ; Henk Oegema wrote: > Dirk T. Verbeek wrote: >> (Excuse me when I repeat something) > No problem >> Both the 'Cube' settings have to be enabled in ccsm, Desktop Cube and >> Rotate Cube. > They are. >> In ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: 3D Desktop in Kubuntu

    Henk Oegema wrote:
    > Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:
    >> (Excuse me when I repeat something)

    > No problem
    >> Both the 'Cube' settings have to be enabled in ccsm, Desktop Cube and
    >> Rotate Cube.

    > They are.
    >> In the Rotate Cube settings is a slider, 3d. from bottom, that's
    >> labelled 'speed', when set to the minimum (0.1) the rotation becoms very
    >> slow.

    > I was not even aware that I could click on the items in CCSM to open a new
    > window (shame shame). I was thinking I could only tick them on or off.
    > I only clicked on General Options.

    Hehe, there's a first for everything
    Mooi man!

    >> Set the 'zoom' (bottom) slider to 0.5, that should shrink the cube to
    >> half the screen size during rotation.

    > Correct
    >> Hmm, sounds indeed like a very fast rotation, the zoom function might
    >> shed some light...

    > Your right.
    >>
    >> But for the rotation the two Cube settings are at least as important!

    > Yes, now I know.
    > THANKS ALL FOR HELPING.

    That's the great thing about Linux and Ubuntu

    > (Should never have solved it alone !)

  2. Re: 3D Desktop in Kubuntu

    Henk Oegema wrote:
    > Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:
    >> In case Johnny Bobby Bee's message did not fix it see the Kubuntu forums:
    >> http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3088518.0

    > I have read this article now.
    > The problem with the desktops is fixed.
    > I choose one (1) desktop in Configure Desktop in KDE and 4 windows in
    > Kmenu -> Settings -> Advanced Desktop Effects Settings.
    >
    >>> When I change desktop(by clicking on the desktop number, or with
    >>> CTRL+ALT+left(right) arrow key, the desktop window turns left or right.
    >>> How do I make the cube visible?
    >>>

    >> The cube becomes 3D when you press Ctrl+Alt and left click anywhere in
    >> the screen.

    > Unfortunately the cube doesn't show up with CTRL+ALT+left click.
    > I can only change desktop by CTR+ALT+<- (or ->) (arrow keys) or clicking on
    > the desktop number.

    Just one more silly question, maybe, are you SURE that you REALLY have
    more than 2 desktops available (the strange behavior of your system
    makes me question this). The cube will not appear unless you have at
    least 3 desktops available - that it recognizes. The default Ubuntu
    only slaps 2 into your session. What your describe sounds like proper
    behavior for 2 desktops (a flip left or right).

  3. Re: 3D Desktop in Kubuntu

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:55:30 +0000, Henk Oegema wrote:

    > Mark South wrote:

    >>> I did all steps, but...... NO CUBE

    >> Somewhere there is a setting for the rotation speed of the cube. If it's
    >> set too fast you won't see the cube rotate.

    > You are right. That was the problem.

    Cool we got it solved and you have it working.

  4. Re: 3D Desktop in Kubuntu

    On 2007-11-12, Henk Oegema wrote:
    > I was not even aware that I could click on the items in CCSM to open a new
    > window (shame shame). I was thinking I could only tick them on or off.
    > I only clicked on General Options.

    The ccsm doesn't gel very well with the KDE paradigms - we could do with a KDE
    specific (i.e. qt I guess) gui for these settings.

    --
    -Toby

  5. Re: 3D Desktop in Kubuntu

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:14:24 +0100, "Dirk T. Verbeek"
    wrote:

    >Maybe a stupid remark but you need to have at least 2 desktops enabled
    >to make anything rotate and 4 desktops to make it a cube.

    Hmm, maybe that's why I didn't get my cube. I have 6 desktops enabled ..
    But, then, that's a cube ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2