Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore. - Ubuntu ; Edmund wrote: > In message , xubunt6 wrote: >> Edmund wrote: >>> Is anyone here using aMule? >>> After opening aMule I see >>> Trying to connect >>> Connecting to XXXXXXXXXX >>> Connected to XXXXXXXXXXX >>> >>> and immediately after ...

  1. Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore.

    Edmund wrote:
    > In message <4734a08c$0$24400$5fc3050@news.tiscali.nl>, xubunt6 wrote:
    >> Edmund wrote:
    >>> Is anyone here using aMule?
    >>> After opening aMule I see
    >>> Trying to connect
    >>> Connecting to XXXXXXXXXX
    >>> Connected to XXXXXXXXXXX
    >>>
    >>> and immediately after
    >>>
    >>> Lost connection to XXXXXXXXX
    >>> Connection lost
    >>>
    >>> This is now happening all the time with all servers
    >>> aMule is trying to connect.
    >>> Last week and before it was running fine.
    >>> I don't think it is Debian ( etch ) related but I wonder
    >>> what the problem is and how to get it fixed.
    >>> Could it be my ISP is blocking it now?
    >>> Suggestions are appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Edmund

    >> I use amule, 2.10.
    >> It just connected both: ed2k and kad
    >> Did you change, initially, the server.met file?

    > Sorry for the late reaction, my ISP let me down
    > with the newsgroups. Using an other account for now.
    >
    > I cannot find a version 2.10 with synaptic I have
    > version 2.1.3 ( I think ) I am on another computer too.
    > I didn't change a thing, since the last time it all
    > worked fine. After it didn't connect anymore I tried
    > to put in another 'server.met" file but no luck.
    > What is the URL in your aMule for downloading
    > a server files?
    >
    > Edmund

    See below. In ubuntu groups an a/emule problem exists at the same time ...

    part of my configuration manual af amule in xubuntu 6:

    Server: download "server.met" from: http://www.gruk.org/server.met.gz
    and replace the present one
    Server: or, download "server.met" from: http://shortypower.dyndns.org/
    Preferences:
    Server: enable, only AFTER downloading (and installing) "server.met":
    "Auto-update serverlist at startup"
    Server: add link to: button: List: http://www.gruk.org/server.met.gz
    (it is on internet, somewhere.)

    about the ports. amule needs tcp 4662, udp 4665, 4672, which you can
    change. open and forward these ports in your firewall, router and linux.
    Just like you did for emule on windows.

    As a firewall you can use firestarter. start it up, configure and close
    it, but do not stop it. It is for configuration only, running is not
    required, usually.

    If you'r new with amule, point to some e.g. opensource files, have them
    a day uploading to get some "points" in order change your low id and you
    should be running amule fine.

    I do not see any reason to "yell" at a newbe making mistakes with amule.
    Especially if there are "usual" mistakes.

    This will take some time ...

    Succcess.

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Less gui, less icons, more speed ... (^-^)

  2. Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore.

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 00:31:05 +0100, xubunt6 wrote:

    > Edmund wrote:
    >> In message <4734a08c$0$24400$5fc3050@news.tiscali.nl>, xubunt6 wrote:
    >>> Edmund wrote:

    > Succcess.

    Thank you very much.

    Edmund

  3. Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore.

    Edmund wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 00:31:05 +0100, xubunt6 wrote:
    >
    >> Edmund wrote:

    >> Succcess.

    > Thank you very much.
    >
    > Edmund

    Got amule running? (or something else ...)
    ;-)

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Less gui, less icons, more speed ... (^-^)

  4. Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore.

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:32:05 +0100, xubunt6 wrote:

    > Edmund wrote:

    >>> Succcess.

    >> Thank you very much.
    >>
    >> Edmund
    >>>

    > Got amule running? (or something else ...)
    > ;-)

    I changed server URL with the one you suggeted, after that
    I could downlaod a new list server.met and I could connect
    and it stayed connected.
    Did not do much more at them moment, the ports in the firewall
    where already open.
    What I still don't understand is why aMule suddenly stopped
    working with the other settings.

    Edmund

  5. Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore.

    Edmund wrote:
    > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:32:05 +0100, xubunt6 wrote:
    >
    >> Edmund wrote:

    >>> Thank you very much.
    >>>
    >>> Edmund
    >>>>

    >> Got amule running? (or something else ...)
    >> ;-)

    > I changed server URL with the one you suggeted, after that
    > I could downlaod a new list server.met and I could connect
    > and it stayed connected.
    > Did not do much more at them moment, the ports in the firewall
    > where already open.
    > What I still don't understand is why aMule suddenly stopped
    > working with the other settings.
    >
    > Edmund

    Which other settings?
    I sometimes find that amule seems not to work, especially after changing
    "things / settings". Waiting hours solves it somehow ...

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Less gui, less icons, more speed ... (^-^)

  6. Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore.

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 23:33:04 +0100, xubunt6 wrote:

    > Edmund wrote:

    >>> Got amule running? (or something else ...)
    >>> ;-)

    >> I changed server URL with the one you suggeted, after that
    >> I could downlaod a new list server.met and I could connect
    >> and it stayed connected.
    >> Did not do much more at them moment, the ports in the firewall
    >> where already open.
    >> What I still don't understand is why aMule suddenly stopped
    >> working with the other settings.
    >>
    >> Edmund

    > Which other settings?

    I mean with the other URL for the server.met file.

    Edmund

  7. Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore.

    xubunt6 wrote:
    > Edmund wrote:

    >>> Got amule running? (or something else ...)
    >>> ;-)

    >> I changed server URL with the one you suggeted, after that
    >> I could downlaod a new list server.met and I could connect and it
    >> stayed connected.
    >> Did not do much more at them moment, the ports in the firewall
    >> where already open.
    >> What I still don't understand is why aMule suddenly stopped
    >> working with the other settings.
    >>
    >> Edmund

    > Which other settings?
    > I sometimes find that amule seems not to work, especially after changing
    > "things / settings". Waiting hours solves it somehow ...

    Why not consider switching to Deluge? Its smaller, faster, and provides
    more info on your connections.

    Cheers;

    Ed

  8. Re: aMule doesn't connect anymore.

    Night0wl wrote:
    > xubunt6 wrote:
    >> Edmund wrote:

    >>> I changed server URL with the one you suggeted, after that
    >>> I could downlaod a new list server.met and I could connect and it
    >>> stayed connected.
    >>> Did not do much more at them moment, the ports in the firewall
    >>> where already open.
    >>> What I still don't understand is why aMule suddenly stopped
    >>> working with the other settings.
    >>>
    >>> Edmund

    >> Which other settings?
    >> I sometimes find that amule seems not to work, especially after
    >> changing "things / settings". Waiting hours solves it somehow ...
    >>

    > Why not consider switching to Deluge? Its smaller, faster, and provides
    > more info on your connections.
    >
    > Cheers;
    >
    > Ed

    Thanks for the suggestion.
    However, deluge is not part of the dapper repository.
    Deluge may become a good bit torrent client, but for the time being i
    use amule.
    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Less gui, less icons, more speed ... (^-^)

+ Reply to Thread