7.10 - lost the cube effect - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on 7.10 - lost the cube effect - Ubuntu ; and i'd like it back. Anyone else have this problem. I went into System->Preferences->Appearance->Visual Effects to try out other things and cannot get the rotating cube back. I only get the 'filmstrip slider' effect between desktops. Thanks, Norm...

  1. 7.10 - lost the cube effect

    and i'd like it back. Anyone else have this problem. I went into
    System->Preferences->Appearance->Visual Effects to try out other things
    and cannot get the rotating cube back. I only get the 'filmstrip slider'
    effect between desktops.

    Thanks,
    Norm

  2. Re: 7.10 - lost the cube effect

    Norman Peelman wrote:
    > and i'd like it back. Anyone else have this problem. I went into
    > System->Preferences->Appearance->Visual Effects to try out other things
    > and cannot get the rotating cube back. I only get the 'filmstrip slider'
    > effect between desktops.

    So open up the Emerald settings and correct it.

    Beryl has a *lot* of options... and you've been playing with them.

    J.

  3. Re: 7.10 - lost the cube effect

    Jeroen Geilman wrote:
    > So open up the Emerald settings and correct it.
    >
    > Beryl has a *lot* of options... and you've been playing with them.

    What horrible advice. Firstly, 'Emerald' is a themes manager. Secondly,
    Beryl is Feisty, Compiz is for Gutsy.

    To the OP: install compizconfig-settings-manager and play with that.
    You'll get your cube back there.

    --Benjamin Franklin

  4. Re: 7.10 - lost the cube effect

    johnny bobby bee wrote:
    > Jeroen Geilman wrote:
    >> So open up the Emerald settings and correct it.
    >>
    >> Beryl has a *lot* of options... and you've been playing with them.

    > What horrible advice. Firstly, 'Emerald' is a themes manager. Secondly,
    > Beryl is Feisty, Compiz is for Gutsy.
    >
    > To the OP: install compizconfig-settings-manager and play with that.
    > You'll get your cube back there.

    Thanks, i'll give that a shot...

    Norm

  5. Re: 7.10 - lost the cube effect

    johnny bobby bee wrote:
    > Jeroen Geilman wrote:
    >> So open up the Emerald settings and correct it.
    >>
    >> Beryl has a *lot* of options... and you've been playing with them.

    > What horrible advice. Firstly, 'Emerald' is a themes manager. Secondly,
    > Beryl is Feisty, Compiz is for Gutsy.
    >
    > To the OP: install compizconfig-settings-manager and play with that.
    > You'll get your cube back there.

    MUCH better, thanks!

    Norm

+ Reply to Thread