Lost icons in OpenOffice 2.3 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Lost icons in OpenOffice 2.3 - Ubuntu ; Hi all, I was trying out the Advanced Effects Desktop Settings last night. Very nice I thought, well this afternoon I opened OpenOffice 2.3 only to find the Icons are no longer there, the text is, but no icons. I ...

  1. Lost icons in OpenOffice 2.3

    Hi all,
    I was trying out the Advanced Effects Desktop Settings last night.
    Very nice I thought, well this afternoon I opened OpenOffice 2.3 only to
    find the Icons are no longer there, the text is, but no icons.
    I have tried to retrace my steps but cant get them back.

    Any help please will be greatly appreciated.

    TIA,

    Mike.

    --
    Lets stop killing each other, lets all live in peace.
    Too much pain, too much suffering.

  2. Re: Lost icons in OpenOffice 2.3

    Primax wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I was trying out the Advanced Effects Desktop Settings last night.
    > Very nice I thought, well this afternoon I opened OpenOffice 2.3 only to
    > find the Icons are no longer there, the text is, but no icons.
    > I have tried to retrace my steps but cant get them back.
    >
    > Any help please will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Mike.

    If you change the theme, you will lose any icons in OO, the only solution I
    could find was to choose the theme I like and then select the human icons.

    I found this very odd, when I first installed Ubuntu not having icons in OO
    stopped me installing it instead of SuSe, what I had done was to change the
    theme straight away, I am not a fan of brown themes. When I bought a Dell
    laptop, the first thing I did was to look to see if OO had icons it did,
    but lost them when I changed the theme.

    I have not looked to see if this is the case with all icon selections.

    Jem..

  3. Re: Lost icons in OpenOffice 2.3

    Jeremy Fisher wrote:
    > Primax wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> I was trying out the Advanced Effects Desktop Settings last night.
    >> Very nice I thought, well this afternoon I opened OpenOffice 2.3 only to
    >> find the Icons are no longer there, the text is, but no icons.
    >> I have tried to retrace my steps but cant get them back.
    >>
    >> Any help please will be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >>
    >> Mike.
    >>

    > If you change the theme, you will lose any icons in OO, the only solution I
    > could find was to choose the theme I like and then select the human icons.
    >
    > I found this very odd, when I first installed Ubuntu not having icons in OO
    > stopped me installing it instead of SuSe, what I had done was to change the
    > theme straight away, I am not a fan of brown themes. When I bought a Dell
    > laptop, the first thing I did was to look to see if OO had icons it did,
    > but lost them when I changed the theme.
    >
    > I have not looked to see if this is the case with all icon selections.
    >
    > Jem..

    Hi,
    This is an answare I got from Ubuntu forums below:_

    I think you must play with Ubuntu theme manager and the installed
    Openoffice styles:

    Try to install all openoffice style:

    Please open a Terminal from the menu Applications->Accessories->Terminal
    and type:

    sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-style-*

    give your user password when requested, you don't see nothing when you
    type it, then press enter.

    By the way i have enabled "Desktop effetcs" and i use "Clearlooks" :
    Menu System->Preference->Apparence->Theme (tab)
    and OpenOffice is working good, with all icons and menu.

    Hope This Help

    This worked perfectly.

    Mike.

    --
    Lets stop killing each other, lets all live in peace.
    Too much pain, too much suffering.

+ Reply to Thread