Ubuntu 7.10 can't see XP partitions now :( - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubuntu 7.10 can't see XP partitions now :( - Ubuntu ; Hi gang, I just upgraded my 7.04 installation to 7.10. But it has now lost sight of all my WinXP partitions except for my C drive, which is Fat32. My other three XP partitions are NTFS and have disappeared! Is ...

  1. Ubuntu 7.10 can't see XP partitions now :(

    Hi gang,

    I just upgraded my 7.04 installation to 7.10. But it has now lost sight
    of all my WinXP partitions except for my C drive, which is Fat32. My other
    three XP partitions are NTFS and have disappeared!

    Is there a command or program that will get my NTFS partitions back?

    Thanks for all your help
    --
    Iyotake

  2. Re: Ubuntu 7.10 can't see XP partitions now :(

    Iyotake wrote:
    > Hi gang,
    >
    > I just upgraded my 7.04 installation to 7.10. But it has now lost sight
    > of all my WinXP partitions except for my C drive, which is Fat32. My other
    > three XP partitions are NTFS and have disappeared!
    >
    > Is there a command or program that will get my NTFS partitions back?
    >
    > Thanks for all your help

    It is all ok now. This last time I rebooted has restored my lost XP
    partitions. I'm not exactly sure why, but isn't this why we love Linux?

    Todd

  3. Re: Ubuntu 7.10 can't see XP partitions now :(

    "Todd Sauve" <123@abc.net> wrote in message
    > Iyotake wrote:
    >> Hi gang,
    >>
    >> I just upgraded my 7.04 installation to 7.10. But it has now lost
    >> sight of all my WinXP partitions except for my C drive, which is Fat32.
    >> My other three XP partitions are NTFS and have disappeared!
    >>
    >> Is there a command or program that will get my NTFS partitions back?
    >>
    >> Thanks for all your help

    > It is all ok now. This last time I rebooted has restored my lost XP
    > partitions. I'm not exactly sure why, but isn't this why we love Linux?
    >
    > Todd

    I believe this happens when the partition has been dismounted "dirty", this
    happens for example if you standby Windows rather than shutting down - this
    is certainly the case I found on my laptop.

    Peter

+ Reply to Thread