Ubuntu code of conduct ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubuntu code of conduct ? - Ubuntu ; When you disagree, consult others. Disagreements, both political and technical, happen all the time and the Ubuntu community is no exception. The important goal is not to avoid disagreements or differing views but to resolve them constructively. Note...It says consult ...

  1. Ubuntu code of conduct ?

    When you disagree, consult others. Disagreements, both political and
    technical, happen all the time and the Ubuntu community is no exception.
    The important goal is not to avoid disagreements or differing views but
    to resolve them constructively.
    Note...It says consult not insult.....
    --
    Regards
    Ted Wager

  2. Re: Ubuntu code of conduct ?

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 11:57:00 +0000, someone purporting to be Ted Wager
    scrawled firmly:

    > When you disagree, consult others. Disagreements, both political and
    > technical, happen all the time and the Ubuntu community is no exception.
    > The important goal is not to avoid disagreements or differing views but
    > to resolve them constructively.
    > Note...It says consult not insult.....

    I'd like to think most people in the community act like that, however, is
    there a sort of, point of reference you'd like to give us?

    Has some malice been afforded to you by a member of this community? Or is
    this just supposed to be some advice to a froup you think needs it.

    Get a grip.

  3. Re: Ubuntu code of conduct ?

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 11:57:00 +0000, Ted Wager wrote:

    > When you disagree, consult others. Disagreements, both political and
    > technical, happen all the time and the Ubuntu community is no exception.
    > The important goal is not to avoid disagreements or differing views but
    > to resolve them constructively.
    > Note...It says consult not insult.....

    You can put that on the wall with the one about netiquette . . . .

    --

    Kill. Kill! KILL!

    < comp.os.linux.misc

    http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

  4. Re: Ubuntu code of conduct ?

    Oddity wrote:
    > Has some malice been afforded to you by a member of this community? Or is
    > this just supposed to be some advice to a froup you think needs it.

    Of course it has. Are you not aware that this is Usenet?

  5. Re: Ubuntu code of conduct ?

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:30:17 +0000, Head Geek wrote:

    > Oddity wrote:
    >
    >> Has some malice been afforded to you by a member of this community? Or
    >> is this just supposed to be some advice to a froup you think needs it.

    > Of course it has. Are you not aware that this is Usenet?

    Where was the "Both" option?

    --

    Usenet is a strange place.

    < Dennis M. Ritchie