Re: Dell dumps Ubintu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Dell dumps Ubintu - Ubuntu ; On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:00:36 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote: > Hadron Quark seems to think that .... [geschnitt] Peter, while I appreciate that you and Hadron have your differences, you have aired them in exactly these terms often enough ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

  1. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:00:36 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Hadron Quark seems to think that ....

    [geschnitt]

    Peter, while I appreciate that you and Hadron have your differences, you
    have aired them in exactly these terms often enough that there can't be
    any Ubuntu users left alive on Teh Usernet (TM) that aren't aware of
    exactly where you each stand.

    Maybe if you each took a break, perhaps for a fortnight, from the regular
    hurling of epithets, you would each enjoy the group more. Of course, if
    it turns out that you prefer hurling epithets at each other***, then you
    can always resume after the moratorium's trial period expires.

    Note that I am adressing this suggestion to you because I think it has a
    marginally better chance of being adopted on your side first, and somebody
    has to show willing to kick it off.

    I am prepared to make a personal sacrifice, too, in the interests of group
    peace, and cease trolling with my "mission critical" hook for the same
    period.

    Mark.

    *** I cannot exclude this possibility.
    --
    Signature status: skiing on the upper slopes of the Jura

  2. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    On 9 Nov 2007 18:18:07 +0100
    Mark South wrote:

    > I am prepared to make a personal sacrifice, too, in the interests of
    > group peace, and cease trolling with my "mission critical" hook for
    > the same period.

    It's going to be a long two weeks

    This group has been hilarious to lurk in for the past several days.
    --

    "I run Ubuntu most of the time, you dumb cunt." -John Adams

  3. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:05:50 +0000, Evil Bert wrote:
    > This group has been hilarious to lurk in for the past several days.

    oh yeah...and that's one snappy sig you have quoted there...the kind of
    quote to make a mother proud...who is this John Adams who is so wise in
    the ways of science?

  4. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    mr.b wrote:

    > On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:05:50 +0000, Evil Bert wrote:
    >> This group has been hilarious to lurk in for the past several days.

    > oh yeah...and that's one snappy sig you have quoted there...the kind of
    > quote to make a mother proud...who is this John Adams who is so wise in
    > the ways of science?

    According to himself, an Ubuntu user.
    Actually, apart from Hadron nobody would believe any of that.
    He is in reality one of those "wintards" Hadron dislikes so much seeing
    mentioned
    --
    Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course

  5. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    Guy Wilson illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > "Moog" wrote in message
    >
    > -------------- much childish whining snipped --------------------
    >> Quite. I don't understand this style of FUD. It's so easily seen
    >> through that it just makes the people perpetrating it to seem like
    >> complete and utter buffoons.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Moog

    > Yup, buffoon just like you

    Hmmm. Mixed message there. On one hand, you just called me a buffoon.
    On the other you added some sort of ****ing smiley thing to indicate
    something other than what the words say.

    The third thing...is that you are too ****ing ignorant to either snip
    a signature or use a program capable of snipping a signature. ;-)

    Come back when you learn a little more about usenet, ****muncher.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  6. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    Baba O'Reilly illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >> Quite. I don't understand this style of FUD. It's so easily seen

    > Just out of curiosity, having seen the FUD acronym flying around like
    > a soaring eagle the past little while, I am wondering if this link:
    >
    > http://www.cavcomp.demon.co.uk/halloween/fuddef.html
    >
    > is what the common meaning is or is there something else, like
    > something with a word that rhymes with mucked at the beginning?

    Yup. That's the meaning in this instance.

    I used to think it was a little over-used too, but in my short time in
    this group, there has been plenty of (what I would consider) MS stooge
    activity.

    I don't know why this is the case, but when MS bank-rolled the SCO
    fiasco, you've got to wonder if simply "sowing the seed" would be
    enough to put off a new user of Linux (and in our case Ubuntu).

    My guess is that it would. Therefore, this tactic is probably working.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  7. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    In <5pjut6Frnio1U10@mid.individual.net> Moog:

    [Snip...]

    > there has been plenty of (what I would consider) MS stooge activity

    I'm not even giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore. I don't have
    anything civil to say to anybody cheerleading and astroturfing for some
    nest of vipers like M$. I don't deal with liars and thieves, or anybody
    defending them--plonksville, baby.

    > My guess is that it would. Therefore, this tactic is probably working.

    I watched Flatfish et al attempt to wreck aols, until the moron PHBs at
    Novell did their dirty work for them a year ago. Now that those nimrods
    have effectively neutered SuSE (Xandros, etc.) it's time to sabotage an
    incipient rebellion brewing in *buntu communities like aolu.

    You spend 15 minutes following the SCOx debacle on stock message boards
    and it's clear: astroturfers anywhere are craven sociopaths.

  8. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    Guy Wilson wrote:
    > "Harold Stevens" wrote in message
    >
    >> I smell FUD
    >>
    >> A dead giveaway:
    >>
    >> No demand for open sores
    >>
    >> WTF? No names, no links, no Dell announcement--nothing but trolling.

    > Make yourself happy, dud...
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...l-dumps-ubuntu

    And this one will make you sad.

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...sn-dump-ubuntu

    http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archi.../07/32908.aspx

    Ram

  9. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    On 7 Nov 2007 22:26:57 GMT
    Moog wrote:

    > Harold Stevens illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > > In <5pch0gFqli6mU1@mid.individual.net> Moog:
    > >
    > > [Snip...]
    > >
    > >> I smell FUD

    > > A dead giveaway:
    > >
    > > No demand for open sores
    > >
    > > WTF? No names, no links, no Dell announcement--nothing but trolling.

    > It was an article at the inquirer, and it was lazy journalism.

    they do try to redeem themselves
    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...sn-dump-ubuntu

    --
    If you can do ballet then you can do anything
    except reach high things because you're dinky.

  10. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    "mr.b" wrote:
    > Evil Bert wrote:
    >
    >> This group has been hilarious to lurk in for the past several
    >> days.

    > oh yeah...and that's one snappy sig you have quoted there...the
    > kind of quote to make a mother proud...who is this John Adams who
    > is so wise in the ways of science?

    The second President of the USA. He came from Boston. HTH :-)

    (Much better than the 41st).

    Try the download section.

  11. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > "mr.b" wrote:
    >> Evil Bert wrote:
    >>
    >>> This group has been hilarious to lurk in for the past several
    >>> days.

    >> oh yeah...and that's one snappy sig you have quoted there...the
    >> kind of quote to make a mother proud...who is this John Adams who
    >> is so wise in the ways of science?

    > The second President of the USA. He came from Boston. HTH :-)
    >
    > (Much better than the 41st).

    You really think so?. He had Ben Franklin's
    grandson arrested for sedition.
    Imagine Bush having Lou Dobbs arrested.
    Jefferson as the Vice President couldn't say
    anything against Adams for fear of arrest.
    The antisedition act.

  12. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 7 Nov 2007 22:26:57 GMT
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Harold Stevens illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> > In <5pch0gFqli6mU1@mid.individual.net> Moog:
    >> >
    >> > [Snip...]

    >> > A dead giveaway:
    >> >
    >> > No demand for open sores
    >> >
    >> > WTF? No names, no links, no Dell announcement--nothing but trolling.

    >> It was an article at the inquirer, and it was lazy journalism.

    > they do try to redeem themselves
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...sn-dump-ubuntu

    Heh. That was a poor effort at a "try".

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  13. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    Harold Stevens illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > In <5pjut6Frnio1U10@mid.individual.net> Moog:
    >
    > [Snip...]
    >
    >> there has been plenty of (what I would consider) MS stooge activity

    > I'm not even giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore. I don't have
    > anything civil to say to anybody cheerleading and astroturfing for some
    > nest of vipers like M$. I don't deal with liars and thieves, or anybody
    > defending them--plonksville, baby.

    I think it's important that we are civil yet point themout for what
    they are. For the benefit of the new user who may not understand what
    is happening.

    >> My guess is that it would. Therefore, this tactic is probably working.

    > I watched Flatfish et al attempt to wreck aols, until the moron PHBs at
    > Novell did their dirty work for them a year ago. Now that those nimrods
    > have effectively neutered SuSE (Xandros, etc.) it's time to sabotage an
    > incipient rebellion brewing in *buntu communities like aolu.
    >
    > You spend 15 minutes following the SCOx debacle on stock message boards
    > and it's clear: astroturfers anywhere are craven sociopaths.

    You could spend 15 years watching the SCO debacle and still be none
    the wiser as to *why*.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  14. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    caver1 wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:

    >>> oh yeah...and that's one snappy sig you have quoted there...the
    >>> kind of quote to make a mother proud...who is this John Adams who
    >>> is so wise in the ways of science?

    >> The second President of the USA. He came from Boston. HTH :-)
    >>
    >> (Much better than the 41st).

    > You really think so?. He had Ben Franklin's grandson arrested for
    > sedition. Imagine Bush having Lou Dobbs arrested. Jefferson as
    > the Vice President couldn't say anything against Adams for fear of
    > arrest. The antisedition act.

    You have a point(s). I was basically making an anti-Bush rave. Is
    41st accurate?

    Try the download section.

  15. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 03:57:38 -0500
    CBFalconer wrote:

    > I was basically making an anti-Bush rave. Is 41st accurate?

    Depends on which Bush.

    Followup set to dev.null

    (I hope that isn't a real group, they must be having a hell of a time)

  16. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    On 2007-11-09, jellybean stonerfish hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:48:13 +0100, Dragomir Kollaric wrote:
    >

    >>> The FACT that you abuse and call names to anyone who uses
    >>> Windows does indeed make you a fanboy.

    >> If this was a "FACT" that I called anybody names, then you
    >> would have posted it here. Fact is *YOU* can't find such a
    >> post of mine, so you are just blowing hot air. It comes easy
    >> enough for you to toss out unproven allegations

    > hardon is a dick, but you did post this.
    >
    > "I went to their website and I had no problems at all.
    > It looks like some wintard's are also journalists..and getting a bit
    > desperate... "

    Yes, but it was a "general" statement. I didn't use it with
    a particular person, like f.e "jellybean *you* are a
    "wintard". :-)
    :-)
    :-)

    Maybe I should have been more clear with this.

    Do you see the difference? Yes there a "wintards" out in
    this world.
    :-)
    :-)
    :-)

    > stonerfish

    Disclaimer: I am NOT SAYING STONERFISH is a wintard OK!

    Dragomir Kollaric

  17. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    Hadron wrote:

    > What advocates in COLA? I just see a bunch of weeners who pop in here
    > every now and again to insult people.

    Yes. And we do so wish that you'd constrain yourself to COLA if you must
    act that way.
    The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
    is unverified.

  18. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:48:09 +0100, Dragomir Kollaric wrote:

    > Disclaimer: I am NOT SAYING STONERFISH is a wintard OK!

    I am a wintard. When I comes to using widows, I am retarded. I tried the
    other day on a friends winbox to log in to my box with sftp. There is no
    such thing installed, so I googled and find different programs, but I
    don't know how to install them, or if it is safe to install them, as I
    don't want to have conflicts with the anti-virus or the os.

    stonerfish

    --
    This
    is

  19. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    On 10 Nov 2007 05:54:22 GMT
    Moog wrote:

    > > they do try to redeem themselves
    > > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...sn-dump-ubuntu

    > Heh. That was a poor effort at a "try".

    Well, coming from a site that looks like the Sunday Sport it was a try :-)

    --
    If you can do ballet then you can do anything
    except reach high things because you're dinky.
    Kiera Best - Aged 6.

  20. Re: Dell dumps Ubintu

    In <5pl0rbFru0teU1@mid.individual.net> Moog:

    [Snip...]

    > I think it's important that we are civil yet point themout for what
    > they are. For the benefit of the new user who may not understand what
    > is happening.

    I agree absolutely; my way of handling it (usually) after 12 years or so
    on Usenet is to silently plonk what I consider deliberate trolling. That
    improves my efficiency at pulling signal from noise, and (usually) helps
    dialdown my "contribution" to some useless rhetoric in tech groups.

    It's a win-win scenario, for wintards and noobs alike.

    > You could spend 15 years watching the SCO debacle and still be none
    > the wiser as to *why*.

    Again we're in complete agreement; yet, like a malignant turmor, I don't
    have to know precisely *why* before taking immediate steps to combat it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast