New scanner not seen by Ubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on New scanner not seen by Ubuntu - Ubuntu ; Moog wrote: > Who'd have thunk it. We're near neighbours Christopher. Are you darn > "that" London then now? Alas, yes. Though probably not for much longer - I'm going to cash in the obscene profit I've made on my ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 127 of 127

  1. Re: New scanner not seen by Ubuntu

    Moog wrote:

    > Who'd have thunk it. We're near neighbours Christopher. Are you darn
    > "that" London then now?

    Alas, yes. Though probably not for much longer - I'm going to cash in the
    obscene profit I've made on my house in the next year or two. I'll
    probably move to East Anglia (I work up in Cambridge these days, so it
    probably makes sense), then get out of the country in about 8 or 9 years.

    C.

  2. Re: New scanner not seen by Ubuntu

    Mark South illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > <...>
    >> Hmmm...hang on though...
    >>
    >> David Icke and his shapeshifting Babylonian Brotherhood of reptilian Illuminati
    >> just sprang to mind. Take back my last sentence.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke
    >> Read his genius. ;-)

    > If you put him in a.o.l.u right now, he'd seem like the voice of sweet
    > reason.

    Heh. You are absolutely correct.

    >>> I can't be sure whether you are referring to a brand of cigarette, or
    >>> speaking rhyming slang...? ;-)

    >> Ermmmm...yes. You shuttler!

    > FECK OFF WIN-DROID!
    >
    > ;-) ;-) ;-)

    I see you're perfecting your 'bot. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  3. Re: New scanner not seen by Ubuntu

    Christopher Hunter illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Who'd have thunk it. We're near neighbours Christopher. Are you darn
    >> "that" London then now?

    > Alas, yes. Though probably not for much longer - I'm going to cash in the
    > obscene profit I've made on my house in the next year or two. I'll
    > probably move to East Anglia (I work up in Cambridge these days, so it
    > probably makes sense), then get out of the country in about 8 or 9 years.

    My plans are fairly similar. Although I'm still working up and living
    up here. Good luck to you.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  4. Re: New scanner not seen by Ubuntu

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 23:30:10 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Who'd have thunk it. We're near neighbours Christopher. Are you darn
    >> "that" London then now?

    > Alas, yes. Though probably not for much longer - I'm going to cash in the
    > obscene profit I've made on my house in the next year or two. I'll
    > probably move to East Anglia (I work up in Cambridge these days, so it
    > probably makes sense),

    Cambrdige, eh? Microsoft Research on Madingley Road, is it?

    I'll ping you next time I'm visiting the city on the banks of the Granta
    and we'll have a drink in The Granta :-)

    > then get out of the country in about 8 or 9 years.

    Don't leave it too long, the entire island will fold up and sink into the
    sea before that many years are up :-(

  5. Re: New scanner not seen by Ubuntu

    Mark South wrote:

    > Cambrdige, eh? Microsoft Research on Madingley Road, is it?

    Nope! I mostly work in "Silicon Fen".

    > I'll ping you next time I'm visiting the city on the banks of the Granta
    > and we'll have a drink in The Granta :-)

    e-mail me and get in touch. A pint or three is always welcome!

    >> then get out of the country in about 8 or 9 years.

    > Don't leave it too long, the entire island will fold up and sink into the
    > sea before that many years are up :-(

    Certainly seems that way these days.

    C.

  6. Re: New scanner not seen by Ubuntu

    Moog wrote:

    > My plans are fairly similar. Although I'm still working up and living
    > up here. Good luck to you.

    Have you chosen where you'll go to?

    C.

  7. Re: New scanner not seen by Ubuntu

    Christopher Hunter illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> My plans are fairly similar. Although I'm still working up and living
    >> up here. Good luck to you.

    > Have you chosen where you'll go to?

    The plans are South Cheshire. Although, I've yet to reach
    achievability.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."