Need a replacement for Quickbooks - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Need a replacement for Quickbooks - Ubuntu ; Not sure about Quickbooks but Moneydance is better than GnuCash for changing from Quicken. Phil Buchman wrote: My thanks to everyone who responded! I am currently evaluating GNUcash as a possible alternative in Linux for Quickbooks. It's a bummer that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Need a replacement for Quickbooks

    Not sure about Quickbooks but Moneydance is better than GnuCash for changing from Quicken.

    Phil Buchman wrote: My thanks to everyone who responded!

    I am currently evaluating GNUcash as a possible alternative in Linux for Quickbooks.

    It's a bummer that no other program will open or import Quickbooks backup files.

    Thanks again!

  2. Re: Need a replacement for Quickbooks

    On 2007-11-05, Moog wrote:
    > Phil Buchman illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> I am trying to locate a Linux-replacement for Quickbooks, but I need a
    >> specific feature that I can't seem to use Google to find. I need a Linux-

    > http://www.accountz.com

    Does anyone know what the file format is this program uses? plain
    text? XML? proprietary? or other perhaps.

    and if anyone has tried it out, I'd be interested in hearing your
    thoughts.

    thanks,

    In Vino Veritas
    http://astroturfgarden.com

  3. Re: Need a replacement for Quickbooks

    One may simply export detail transaction list to Excel. From Excel to CVS. With simple scripting can create QIF (format is simple - described in several places one can find via google.) And upload to GnuCach.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2