Where or where is boot splash default art? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Where or where is boot splash default art? - Ubuntu ; Moog wrote: > Usenet Reader illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > >> >>> As a matter of interest, have you published it at launchpad? >>> >> No, because it is an OpenOffice.org problem, not Ubuntu's. > > And OOo will tell ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: [OT OOo] Where or where is boot splash default art?

    Moog wrote:
    > Usenet Reader illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >
    >> <...>
    >>> As a matter of interest, have you published it at launchpad?
    >>>

    >> No, because it is an OpenOffice.org problem, not Ubuntu's.

    > And OOo will tell you that it's a Ubuntu problem not theirs. Ubuntu
    > patches and compiles OOo for their repositories. It's not "vanilla".
    >
    > Anyway. Check out the launchpad bug entries if you don't believe me.
    > http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+so...penoffice.org/

    I believe you, but this actually IS an OOo problem. I would say the
    same thing happens to 2.3 on OpenSUSE 10.3, but then I read somewhere,
    without verification, that Ubuntu uses Novell's OOo. But I actually
    installed the vanilla version from Sun and the official developer's site
    and it generates the same problems. I was also disappointed that the
    "official" site didn't keep any older versions, just dumped all the
    others when they released the 2.3 version - not so smart, as there are a
    lot of reported crashes (never seen such trouble before). I had to get
    the 2.2 package from a site in the Netherlands.

    Interestingly, it was the Sun version that actually allowed me to send
    in a crash report when it aborted. All the others aborted sans any
    crash feedback. So I sent it in to Sun - what ever that is worth...

    Now where Ubuntu could help, but probably won't, is if the community
    could put together a 2.2 retro package that could be installed from the
    repository without conflicting with 2.3 and the normal update process.
    But I've never seen that done before. A decision is made somewhere to
    go with the "latest" or a prior, verified "stable" version, for some
    good reason, and that's it. Read the review of Fedora 8 on distrowatch
    for a similar complaint on going with the very latest NetworkManager.

    I did run all the tests on the RC editions of Ubuntu, but they slipped
    2.3 in on the GM.

  2. Re: [OT OOo] Where or where is boot splash default art?

    Usenet Reader illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > <...>
    > I believe you, but this actually IS an OOo problem.

    Ubuntu *patch* and re-compile their version. IMHO, it is well worth
    reporting on Launchpad. You may find a patch is uploaded to solve the
    problem.

    If it is, it will then be fed back to the OOo team....

    In that order

    Just my opinion anyway fella. I understand what you are saying
    entirely.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."