I'm struggling with a SmartDisk soho 250GB nas, ext3 format, network
connected, which (dare I say it) is fine accessed from W2k. But with
Ubuntu any file transfer to the nas times out, the resulting file is
incomplete, and cannot be moved to Trash or deleted ("Directory
busy"), except from Windows. It's supposed to be supporting NFS, but
the default folders are shown as SMB. The manual refers specifically
to Windows and Mac, but mentions UNIX in relation to ext3. The LAN
generally is fine.

Any thoughts on bringing this brick to heel?

--
Mark J
Poppyland.plus.com, not invalid@fslife.co.uk, for private replies