Niggly problem with Ekiga - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Niggly problem with Ekiga - Ubuntu ; Hi All, I have an Ekiga account and everything with Feisty was working fine. I upgraded to Gutsy (keeping home) and so far everything works much better and I am impressed. However, Ekiga now fires the wizard up whenever I ...

  1. Niggly problem with Ekiga

    Hi All,
    I have an Ekiga account and everything with Feisty was working fine. I
    upgraded to Gutsy (keeping home) and so far everything works much better
    and I am impressed. However, Ekiga now fires the wizard up whenever I
    start Ekiga. If I try to complete the wizard anyway it crashes on the
    last stage, if I click cancel, Ekiga comes up and the Ekiga recognises my
    previously registered account.

    Is there a way to stop the wizard on start?
    Do I have to delete a file from /Home? I looked for a .ekiga file but
    couldnt find one
    Anyone know of a fix as cancelling the wizard is beginning to be annoying.

    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making

  2. Re: Niggly problem with Ekiga

    MCR wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I have an Ekiga account and everything with Feisty was working fine. I
    > upgraded to Gutsy (keeping home) and so far everything works much better
    > and I am impressed. However, Ekiga now fires the wizard up whenever I
    > start Ekiga. If I try to complete the wizard anyway it crashes on the
    > last stage, if I click cancel, Ekiga comes up and the Ekiga recognises my
    > previously registered account.
    >
    > Is there a way to stop the wizard on start?
    > Do I have to delete a file from /Home? I looked for a .ekiga file but
    > couldnt find one
    > Anyone know of a fix as cancelling the wizard is beginning to be annoying.

    I'm sorry that I don't have a solution for your problem.
    I just did an install of Ekiga on a Kubuntu7.10 (not an upgrade from Feisty,
    because that crashed) system and I didn't have a problem with the wizard.
    I use Ekiga with my Asterisk server without any problem.

    Have you tried to delete completely and reinstall Ekiga?

  3. Re: Niggly problem with Ekiga

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:48:43 +0000, Henk Oegema wrote:

    > MCR wrote:
    >
    >> Hi All,
    >> I have an Ekiga account and everything with Feisty was working fine. I
    >> upgraded to Gutsy (keeping home) and so far everything works much
    >> better and I am impressed. However, Ekiga now fires the wizard up
    >> whenever I start Ekiga. If I try to complete the wizard anyway it
    >> crashes on the last stage, if I click cancel, Ekiga comes up and the
    >> Ekiga recognises my previously registered account.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to stop the wizard on start? Do I have to delete a file
    >> from /Home? I looked for a .ekiga file but couldnt find one
    >> Anyone know of a fix as cancelling the wizard is beginning to be
    >> annoying.
    >>

    > I'm sorry that I don't have a solution for your problem. I just did an
    > install of Ekiga on a Kubuntu7.10 (not an upgrade from Feisty, because
    > that crashed) system and I didn't have a problem with the wizard. I use
    > Ekiga with my Asterisk server without any problem.
    >
    > Have you tried to delete completely and reinstall Ekiga?

    I just did, in response to your suggestion. It has the same effect, the
    setup wizard freezes, but I can cancel and get into Ekiga..

    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making

+ Reply to Thread