    small problem is giving me headaches.

    I'm using the 64-bit version Kubuntu 7.10 (installed from DVD).

  2. Re: [Kubuntu 7.10] Konsole lacks bitmap fonts

    On 2007-10-23, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > I can't get bitmap fonts to work in Konsole. I've done the
    > "Settings->Font->Install Bitmap..." thing, but the fonts don't show up
    > in the font chooser. I've had the same problem with Kubuntu 7.04, and I
    > kept using openSUSE 10.2. I want to switch to Kubuntu 7.10 but this
    > small problem is giving me headaches.
    >
    > I'm using the 64-bit version Kubuntu 7.10 (installed from DVD).

    I don't know anything about kde but your fonts should be indicated in
    /etc/X11/xorg.conf under FontPath. Perhaps this has been missed in
    your setup?

    Andrew

    --
    Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us
    from the darkness of those days there are yet some in which

  3. Re: [Kubuntu 7.10] Konsole lacks bitmap fonts

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:26:23 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

    > I can't get bitmap fonts to work in Konsole. I've done the
    > "Settings->Font->Install Bitmap..." thing, but the fonts don't show up
    > in the font chooser. I've had the same problem with Kubuntu 7.04, and I
    > kept using openSUSE 10.2. I want to switch to Kubuntu 7.10 but this
    > small problem is giving me headaches.
    >
    > I'm using the 64-bit version Kubuntu 7.10 (installed from DVD).

    Sorry i use ubuntu and if i want to add fonts i add a folder in /home
    called ".fonts" and stick them in there. On reboot they are loaded.
    Worth a try??

  4. Re: [Kubuntu 7.10] Konsole lacks bitmap fonts

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:26:23 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

    > I can't get bitmap fonts to work in Konsole. I've done the
    > "Settings->Font->Install Bitmap..." thing, but the fonts don't
    > show up in the font chooser. I've had the same problem with
    > Kubuntu 7.04, and I kept using openSUSE 10.2. I want to switch
    > to Kubuntu 7.10 but this small problem is giving me headaches.
    >
    > I'm using the 64-bit version Kubuntu 7.10 (installed from DVD).

    Explore the options for 'xset', 'fc-cache', 'mkfontdir', 'xlsfonts',
    'xfs', and try running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig' after
    you've enabled bitmapped fonts. Some useful stuff on the Ubuntu
    forums about this too.

    --
    Chris Game

    "When the winds of change blow, some people build walls, others
    build windmills" -- Brian Maynes

+ Reply to Thread