Thunderbird crashes - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Thunderbird crashes - Ubuntu ; Freash install of Gusty and now suddenly Thunderbird just closes when opening messages. Any idea what can be causing this...

  1. Thunderbird crashes

    Freash install of Gusty and now suddenly Thunderbird just closes when
    opening messages.

    Any idea what can be causing this

  2. Re: Thunderbird crashes

    Recklessnetsurfer wrote:
    > Freash install of Gusty and now suddenly Thunderbird just closes when
    > opening messages.
    >
    > Any idea what can be causing this

    Open a terminal window and type in thunderbird and look at the messages
    (if any). My Thunderbird was crashing regularly and called out a
    Segmentation Fault. I noticed that when Firefox had more than 5 tabs
    open TB would crash with that message. However, when FF was open with
    less than 5 tabs .. no problem. This is an AMD64 machine with 4-GB of
    RAM but no swap partition. I suspect that TB or FF is trying to swap to
    a non-existent swap partition and crashes each other. I am thinking
    about setting up a 1GB RAM drive as a swap partition. Tinkering with
    the idea, anyway.

    HTH,

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread