Start-Up Programs - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Start-Up Programs - Ubuntu ; Can someone tell me how to set-up programs to run in Ubuntu at start-up? I would like to have Pidgin run each time I boot Ubuntu but not sure how to go about this....

  1. Start-Up Programs

    Can someone tell me how to set-up programs to run in Ubuntu at start-up?
    I would like to have Pidgin run each time I boot Ubuntu but not sure
    how to go about this.

  2. Re: Start-Up Programs

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:37:28 -0600
    Kevin Young wrote:

    > Can someone tell me how to set-up programs to run in Ubuntu at start-up?
    > I would like to have Pidgin run each time I boot Ubuntu but not sure
    > how to go about this.

    system -> Preferences -> Sessions

    Add it to the startup programs tab

    --
    If you can do ballet then you can do anything
    except reach high things because you're dinky.

  3. Re: Start-Up Programs

    Kevin Young wrote:
    > Can someone tell me how to set-up programs to run in Ubuntu at start-up?
    > I would like to have Pidgin run each time I boot Ubuntu but not sure
    > how to go about this.

    look into /etc/init.d and /etc/rc*.d
    The startup scripts live in /etc/init.d and there are symbolic links
    from /etc/rc*.d

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)