Setting clock to UTC (not what you think) - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Setting clock to UTC (not what you think) - Ubuntu ; How do I set my clock display to show UTC? No daylight savings crap. No time zone shift. Just raw Zulu time. --Teh...

  1. Setting clock to UTC (not what you think)

    How do I set my clock display to show UTC?
    No daylight savings crap. No time zone shift. Just raw Zulu time.

    --Teh

  2. Re: Setting clock to UTC (not what you think)

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:49:54 +0000, Tehrasha Darkon wrote:

    > How do I set my clock display to show UTC? No daylight savings crap. No
    > time zone shift. Just raw Zulu time.
    >
    > --Teh

    Right click on clock -> preferences -> tick "Use UTC".

    --
    Phil Stovell, Hampshire, UK

  3. Re: Setting clock to UTC (not what you think)

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:49:54 +0000, Tehrasha Darkon wrote:

    > How do I set my clock display to show UTC? No daylight savings crap. No
    > time zone shift. Just raw Zulu time.

    The answer is probably wrong, considering the "not what you think", but
    right-click the clock, Preferences, and check "Use UTC".

    --
    Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

  4. Re: Setting clock to UTC (not what you think)

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:30:07 +0200, Robert Spanjaard wrote:

    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:49:54 +0000, Tehrasha Darkon wrote:
    >
    >> How do I set my clock display to show UTC? No daylight savings crap.
    >> No time zone shift. Just raw Zulu time.

    > The answer is probably wrong, considering the "not what you think", but
    > right-click the clock, Preferences, and check "Use UTC".

    Apparently it is just that easy. I guess I was trying to make something
    harder than it was. For some reason I thought there should be a
    'timezone' setting for UTC.

    Usually the UTC question involves the hardware setting of the computer
    and doing weird things when dual booting with another OS. Which wasnt
    what I was looking for.

    Thanks for your answer. I wouldnt have thought to look for a simple box
    to click in a million years.

    --Teh

+ Reply to Thread