[7.10 amd64] wrong videomode for console/splash - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on [7.10 amd64] wrong videomode for console/splash - Ubuntu ; I've been using 7.10 amd64 for about two weeks now. First, I used an upgrade from 7.04 to the 7.10 beta, which worked fine. When the final 7.10 was released, I did a reinstall to get rid of some experiments ...

  1. [7.10 amd64] wrong videomode for console/splash

    I've been using 7.10 amd64 for about two weeks now. First, I used an
    upgrade from 7.04 to the 7.10 beta, which worked fine. When the final 7.10
    was released, I did a reinstall to get rid of some experiments I did under
    7.04. :-)

    Under 7.04, 7.10 beta, and 7.10 final live-cd, the splash screen shows up
    as expected. After installing the final version, the console and splash
    screen use an incorrect videomode, probably 320x200. This means that the
    splash screen doesn't show up at all, both on startup and shutdown. The
    console screens (Alt-F*) are only 40 chars wide.

    Is there a way to solve this problem, except for supplying a videomode
    manually? Is there a way to fix the autodetection?

    --
    Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

  2. Re: [7.10 amd64] wrong videomode for console/splash

    I also have this strange problem, if anyone out there can help then it
    would be very appreciated

    On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:31:13 +0200, Robert Spanjaard wrote:

    > I've been using 7.10 amd64 for about two weeks now. First, I used an
    > upgrade from 7.04 to the 7.10 beta, which worked fine. When the final
    > 7.10 was released, I did a reinstall to get rid of some experiments I
    > did under 7.04. :-)
    >
    > Under 7.04, 7.10 beta, and 7.10 final live-cd, the splash screen shows
    > up as expected. After installing the final version, the console and
    > splash screen use an incorrect videomode, probably 320x200. This means
    > that the splash screen doesn't show up at all, both on startup and
    > shutdown. The console screens (Alt-F*) are only 40 chars wide.
    >
    > Is there a way to solve this problem, except for supplying a videomode
    > manually? Is there a way to fix the autodetection?

    I also have this strange problem, if anyone out there can help then it
    would be very appreaciated

  3. Re: [7.10 amd64] wrong videomode for console/splash

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 01:55:54 GMT
    David Johnston wrote:

    > I also have this strange problem, if anyone out there can help then it
    > would be very appreciated

    It's a condition known as "top posting", what you need to do is refrain
    from doing it :-)

    --
    If you can do ballet then you can do anything
    except reach high things because you're dinky.

  4. Re: [7.10 amd64] wrong videomode for console/splash

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:38:05 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 01:55:54 GMT
    > David Johnston wrote:
    >
    >> I also have this strange problem, if anyone out there can help then it
    >> would be very appreciated

    > It's a condition known as "top posting", what you need to do is refrain
    > from doing it :-)

    In your Plug n' play monitor properties change from Plug and Play to your
    make model of monitor

  5. Re: [7.10 amd64] wrong videomode for console/splash

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:08:50 +0000, David Johnston wrote:

    >>> I also have this strange problem, if anyone out there can help then it
    >>> would be very appreciated

    >> It's a condition known as "top posting", what you need to do is refrain
    >> from doing it :-)

    > In your Plug n' play monitor properties change from Plug and Play to your
    > make model of monitor

    Tried it, and it didn't work.

    --
    Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

  6. Re: [7.10 amd64] wrong videomode for console/splash

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:05:06 +0200, Robert Spanjaard wrote:

    >>> It's a condition known as "top posting", what you need to do is
    >>> refrain from doing it :-)

    >> In your Plug n' play monitor properties change from Plug and Play to
    >> your make model of monitor

    > Tried it, and it didn't work.

    sorry it did not work for you m8, it did for me!

+ Reply to Thread