Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 ? - Ubuntu ; Should I update Kubuntu from 7.04 to 7.10 now or wait a while and proceed only when [serious] bugs and quirks have been remedied? Yrrah...

  1. Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 ?

    Should I update Kubuntu from 7.04 to 7.10 now or wait a while and
    proceed only when [serious] bugs and quirks have been remedied?

    Yrrah

  2. Re: Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 ?

    Yrrah wrote:

    > Should I update Kubuntu from 7.04 to 7.10 now or wait a while and
    > proceed only when [serious] bugs and quirks have been remedied?
    >
    > Yrrah

    I did an upgrade from 7.04 to 7.10.
    The upgrade hanged at 53 %.

    After a reboot I had a (of course) corrupt system.

    So I had to install a fresh system.

    (All my personal files are always on a separate harddisk, so no harm
    done.)

  3. Re: Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 ?

    On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:53:50 +0000, Henk Oegema wrote:

    > So I had to install a fresh system.

    Why not create a copy of your partition on the same other disk? no
    reinstall required...

    --
    :-)

  4. Re: Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 ?

    Yrrah wrote:
    > Should I update Kubuntu from 7.04 to 7.10 now or wait a while and
    > proceed only when [serious] bugs and quirks have been remedied?

    It depends of course on what you need your system for. I will upgrade
    this weekend, I as for now, I'm confident that I won't have any trouble,
    but I don't need my computer for the job or anything like that. There
    was a long Alpha and Beta run for Gutsy Gibbon. This is not Windows,
    where you pay hundreds of for a beta version.

  5. Re: Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 ?

    On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 16:26:55 +0200, Yrrah
    wrote:

    >Should I update Kubuntu from 7.04 to 7.10 now or wait a while and
    >proceed only when [serious] bugs and quirks have been remedied?
    >
    >Yrrah

    I have 7.10 installed on one computer that I did as a fresh install and I
    like it but I have had 2 failures trying to UPGRADE another computer
    (see my post "Ubuntu 7.10 upgrade failure"). I haven't found any serious
    bugs so far, but I have seen some nice improvements. If yours is not a
    production machine I would definitely install 7.10. Otherwise??

    Roy

  6. Re: Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 ?

    Yrrah wrote:
    > Should I update Kubuntu from 7.04 to 7.10 now or wait a while and
    > proceed only when [serious] bugs and quirks have been remedied?
    >
    > Yrrah

    What would you prefer yourself ... ;-)
    Asking the questing is fine, answering it yourself perhaps just as good ...

    xu 6 lts user ... :-D

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 just installed ..."

  7. Re: Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 ?

    Hi,

    I have Kubuntu 7.04 and would like to know how to upgrade to 7.10.
    What is the correct procedure? Please advise.

    John

+ Reply to Thread