New Monitor - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on New Monitor - Ubuntu ; How do I install and get Ubuntu to recognize a new monitor ?? TIA...

  1. New Monitor

    How do I install and get Ubuntu to recognize a new monitor ?? TIA

  2. Re: New Monitor

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:21:28 +0000, Lemer scrawled firmly:

    > How do I install and get Ubuntu to recognize a new monitor ?? TIA

    Depending on the monitor it will probably work to some extent anyway.
    However you may need to adjust the settings to get it to the right
    resolution.

    I suggest looking at how /etc/X11/xorg.conf works - especially the
    monitor section.

  3. Re: New Monitor

    Lemer wrote:
    > How do I install and get Ubuntu to recognize a new monitor ?? TIA

    Plug it in and boot up. If you don't get X, type:

    dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

    Answer all the questions, and you should be good to go.

    --
    Mark Warner
    SimplyMEPIS Linux v6.5

  4. Re: New Monitor

    In article <5n2c7lFfphsqU1@mid.individual.net>,
    mhwarner.inhibitions@insightbb.com says...

    >Lemer wrote:
    >> How do I install and get Ubuntu to recognize a new monitor ?? TIA

    >Plug it in and boot up. If you don't get X, type:
    >
    >dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    >
    >Answer all the questions, and you should be good to go.

    Appreciate your and Oddity's answers.

  5. Re: New Monitor

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:04:36 -0400, Mark Warner wrote:

    > Lemer wrote:
    >> How do I install and get Ubuntu to recognize a new monitor ?? TIA

    > Plug it in and boot up. If you don't get X, type:
    >
    > dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

    Should be:

    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

    > Answer all the questions, and you should be good to go.

    Good luck.

  6. Re: New Monitor

    On 10 Oct 2007 07:41:58 +0200, Mark South wrote:

    > Should be:
    >
    > sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    >
    >> Answer all the questions, and you should be good to go.

    Try it with the -phigh switch to start with and you may not need to
    answer any questions!

    --
    Chris Game

    "Hopefully the net-dwelling paranoid delusional conspiracy theorists
    won't descend upon me " -- Chris Pratley, MSFT.

+ Reply to Thread