HP2175 Scanning - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on HP2175 Scanning - Ubuntu ; A short time ago, my HP2175 stopped scanning. I have searched, googled, followed various instructions all without results. Does anyone have a suggestion? Ubuntu 6.06 2.6.15-29-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 24 17:24:47 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux CSSJR...

  1. HP2175 Scanning

    A short time ago, my HP2175 stopped scanning.

    I have searched, googled, followed various instructions all without
    results.

    Does anyone have a suggestion?

    Ubuntu 6.06

    2.6.15-29-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 24 17:24:47 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

    CSSJR

  2. Re: HP2175 Scanning

    Claude S. Sutton wrote:
    > A short time ago, my HP2175 stopped scanning.
    >
    > I have searched, googled, followed various instructions all without
    > results.
    >
    > Does anyone have a suggestion?
    >
    > Ubuntu 6.06
    >
    > 2.6.15-29-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 24 17:24:47 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
    >

    > CSSJR

    Hello.

    What exactly do you mean with 'stopped scanning'? Is it recognized when
    you plug it in? Does sane think the scanner is scanning but nothing is
    moving? Are the lights on?

    Rob

  3. Re: HP2175 Scanning

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:27:51 +0200, Robert Zenz wrote:

    > What exactly do you mean with 'stopped scanning'? Is it recognized when
    > you plug it in? Does sane think the scanner is scanning but nothing is
    > moving? Are the lights on?
    >
    > Rob

    # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
    # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
    # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

    # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
    # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

    found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x2b11 [PSC 2170 Series]) at libusb:005:006
    found USB scanner (vendor=0x0483, product=0x2016) at libusb:004:003
    # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

    # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

    # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
    # can't be detected by this program.

    # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
    # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
    # necessary.

    claude69694@claude69694:~$ scanimage -L

    HPTools:
    Failed to open device 'hpaio:/usb/PSC_2170_Series?serial=MY35GC927573'

    CSSJR

+ Reply to Thread