Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time - Ubuntu ; On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:11:52 -0400, noshellswill wrote: > Yep, the clever & wise run *nix ... that explains the 0.87% desktop > penetration of Linux. Not even a statistical fluctuation. FYI, roughly the > same % of college ...

  1. Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:11:52 -0400, noshellswill wrote:

    > Yep, the clever & wise run *nix ... that explains the 0.87% desktop
    > penetration of Linux. Not even a statistical fluctuation. FYI, roughly the
    > same % of college grads can solve the 3-DIM wave-equation in cylindrical
    > coordinates. If not for weapons research neither group would form the
    > basis of a business_market.

    Might explain Usenet (the weapons-researchers thing, I mean) . . . .

    There's usually only a problem or two with any given install of Linux that
    can't be solved by hours of swearing and maybe a little crying.

    Only took me two tries to install Ubuntu, so, hey, I'm 133+.

    > Linux certainly needs a "killer" desktop app.

    GIMP ought to be attractive to anyone who wants to do truly abstruse
    things to images (I keep meaning to play with the 3-D flipping) . . . .

    And, of course, the server market is running fine.

    You know, the one where high throughput, stability and security are
    paramount?

    --

    Kill. Kill! KILL!

    < comp.os.linux.misc

    http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

  2. Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time

    mimus wrote:
    > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:11:52 -0400, noshellswill wrote:
    >
    >> Yep, the clever & wise run *nix ... that explains the 0.87% desktop
    >> penetration of Linux. Not even a statistical fluctuation. FYI, roughly the
    >> same % of college grads can solve the 3-DIM wave-equation in cylindrical
    >> coordinates. If not for weapons research neither group would form the
    >> basis of a business_market.

    > Might explain Usenet (the weapons-researchers thing, I mean) . . . .
    >
    > There's usually only a problem or two with any given install of Linux that
    > can't be solved by hours of swearing and maybe a little crying.
    >
    > Only took me two tries to install Ubuntu, so, hey, I'm 133+.

    I flatlined my Dapper box with the intention of installing 7.04 and the
    latest MythTV.
    Only took me the best part of a three day weekend.
    Biggest setback was when my keyboard stopped working (after I broke it
    in half over my knee...)

+ Reply to Thread