Rosegarden - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Rosegarden - Ubuntu ; After installing Rosegarden in Ubuntu, I get the following error message: "System Timer Resolution is too low.This may mean you are using a Linux system with the kernel timer resolution set too low." Any ideas on how to fix this?...

  1. Rosegarden

    After installing Rosegarden in Ubuntu, I get the following error message:
    "System Timer Resolution is too low.This may mean you are using a Linux
    system with the kernel timer resolution set too low."

    Any ideas on how to fix this?

  2. Re: Rosegarden

    nic wrote:

    > After installing Rosegarden in Ubuntu, I get the following error message:
    > "System Timer Resolution is too low.This may mean you are using a Linux
    > system with the kernel timer resolution set too low."
    >
    > Any ideas on how to fix this?

    Yes. Compile the same kernel with the low latency enabled
    --
    99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

  3. Re: Rosegarden

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > nic wrote:
    >
    >> After installing Rosegarden in Ubuntu, I get the following error message:
    >> "System Timer Resolution is too low.This may mean you are using a Linux
    >> system with the kernel timer resolution set too low."
    >>
    >> Any ideas on how to fix this?

    > Yes. Compile the same kernel with the low latency enabled

    Or easier: install the low latency kernel from the ubuntustudio repo.

  4. Re: Rosegarden

    TomB wrote:
    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> nic wrote:
    >>
    >>> After installing Rosegarden in Ubuntu, I get the following error
    >>> message:
    >>> "System Timer Resolution is too low.This may mean you are using a Linux
    >>> system with the kernel timer resolution set too low."
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas on how to fix this?

    >> Yes. Compile the same kernel with the low latency enabled

    > Or easier: install the low latency kernel from the ubuntustudio repo.

    Thanks guys, it's so nice how people reply to requests for help so
    quickly in this NG!

+ Reply to Thread